What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game of Thrones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I honestly struggled to get through parts of books 4 & 5, so I'm glad they have expedited or excised certain sections. Tyrion and Daenerys' arcs in the book are pretty damned tedious aside from a few entertaining momrnts.

Wato

Juniors
Do you mean Winterfell? It's been explained in the show, Baelish is showing Sansa how the game is played. I have never understood Eddards aversion to the game his father played it rather well, yet eddard refused to play the game and sheltered his children from its existence. One thing I have found odd this season especially as a book reader is Cersi hosting the small council and neither Margery or her father ousting her, what authority does she have to chair the small council.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Episode four has definitely been the best of the season. Them finally going fully off book in certain areas means that it's finally exciting for me to watch some stuff unfold.

That final sense was tense.

t-ba

Post Whore
But I can no longer smugly sit there whilst the missus doesn't know what's going on!

Won't somebody think of me for once!!!

George RR Martin will never finish these books and we'll be stuck with the TV ending. I gave up on reading children finished versions of Fantasy and Sci-Fi epics after the younger Herbert completely butchered the ending of the Dune saga and completely telegraphed who was the Kwisatz Haderach about ten pages into the first novel he wrote. George RR Martin probably at his children so this may not be a concern.

Last edited:

Misanthrope

Staff member
It worked out well in the Wheel of Time's case. Jordan's passing meant an end to the series being so tired and drawn out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts