What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game of Thrones

Status
Not open for further replies.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Actually, I really noticed it as well in ep5.

The Lannisters are broke 'ey?

How many more of these dumb f**k spoilers are us book reading types going to get before Arr Arr finishes his f**king books?

This is what pisses me off about the TV fans.

They complain about spoilers, yet the book readers are getting them as well.

And, in all likelyhood, the TV series will end before the books, making the hours and hours of reading almost redundant.

I feel especially sorry for those who have been reading & waiting since 1996, only for it to be spoiled 20 years later.

Wato

Juniors
What book spoiler are you guys referring too? The Lannisters wealth is hinted at throughout the whole series, why else was the crown borrowing from the iron bank. I'm not a fan of the show going beyond the books but I feel it has done a fairly good job at avoiding that so far.

Springs

First Grade
The crown owes Tywin Lannister something like six million I'm pretty sure. That means they are anything but broke, but that's what Tywin was making it out to be like.

Springs

First Grade
lol, don't worry Springs, it's has always annoyed me too. Cercei is stuck in her perpetual smugness, & Emelia Clarke's are just freaky.

emily_clark_04.gif

I dunno, maybe because they are already annoying characters it just sticks out to make them more annoying.
I don't find Lena Headey's face nearly as annoying when her hair is brown and the eyebrows match.

And, in all likelyhood, the TV series will end before the books, making the hours and hours of reading almost redundant.

With the inevitability of White Walker battles and the Targaryen invasion, I can't see how the show will have the budget for the last book unless they either change the ending or make a couple of big budget movies to cover the dragon battles.
HBO has said they want 7 seasons. HBO are not known to bend very much. They cancelled Deadwood for no real reason despite probably being the best show on TV at the time. That puts the end of the show at 2017. No way will the last book be out by then unless Martin triples his speed. Book 6 won't be out until at least next year.

Wato

Juniors
The crown owes Tywin Lannister something like six million I'm pretty sure. That means they are anything but broke, but that's what Tywin was making it out to be like.

Yes but at this point the Lannisters are the crown and using the crowns funds to fight Joffery's wars, that money is gone. Money is not the only path to power in westoros thou, House Stark was founded by a commoner and quickly rose to be one of the four major houses. Thou House Lannisters has always used its money to gain power.

Springs

First Grade
The Baratheons are still technically the crown. They use the crown's funds to fight the war, not the Lannister's (although the crown borrows from the Lannisters).
Tywin is Hand, not King. He didn't use his own money to fight Aerys wars, he doesn't use it to fight Joffrey's. He's still owed millions technically.

I don't doubt Littlefinger as Master of Coin did a lot to bankrupt the crown as part of his scheming.

Wato

Juniors
The Baratheons are still technically the crown. They use the crown's funds to fight the war, not the Lannister's (although the crown borrows from the Lannisters).
Tywin is Hand, not King. He didn't use his own money to fight Aerys wars, he doesn't use it to fight Joffrey's. He's still owed millions technically.

I don't doubt Littlefinger as Master of Coin did a lot to bankrupt the crown as part of his scheming.

We know little about the financial stability of the crown during Aerys time but true the crown technically belongs to the Baratheons but who will fund the crown if not the Lannisters. If the Lannisters lose the throne there House will fold, before Tywin the house was on the decline as evidenced by the Reyne rebellion.

t-ba

Post Whore

If the Lannisters win, Stannis will be dead and the Barratheons will be Lannisters. The Iron Bank wants the money back from the crown, and probably won't give two shits about tehnicalities. Being owed 'millions' by a broke crown won't help the Lannisters one iota, especially when you consider that all their allies bar the Tyrells have been bought off with Lannister, not Baratheon largesse.

Their is a reason this particular bombshell was brought forwards atleast three books earlier for the TV series and I am interested to see where it will take the plot. By far the most interesting thing to happen since dickbutt bit the dust this season. Yet still really f**king annoying because it's spoiled the next book partly.

Last edited:

Springs

First Grade
Sansa went and whined to Cersei about how Ned was taking them back to Winterfell. She's as stupid as her damn mother. If she were in any of her sibling's positions she would be dead. At least at King's Landing there were people looking out for her. Arya and Bran haven't had that. Oh and she also lied to Robert about Joffrey and Arya which led to both Mycah and Lady being killed. People hate her because of those things and because she was too stupid to see what Joffrey was until too late, continually standing up for him.

And I quite like Sansa in the books following the first.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.