What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game thread v the Dogs

strider

Post Whore
so ...

we need a new winger .... who?
a new centre ... who?
moeroa probably needs some time

wicks looks the goods tho

Delboy

First Grade
The Dogs are such a horrible bunch across the board, I feckin hate losing to them of all teams

eels_fan

First Grade
I don't think this loss has been embarrassing at all.

No doubt any other night Watmough & Sandow probably don't Come back on, Tepai comes off after 30 and doesn't come back.

Tough performance with 5 injuries

Swiftstylez

Bench
Same old shit, arthur would be filthy with this performance from all but morea, wicks, mau, norman and dare I admit it mannah. Terrible intensity after the first 20 minutes, sure the injuries had to be jarring but more disappointing was the lack of fundamentals from players youd expect better from. We were not going to win with our luck tonight but it didnt need to be that embarassing.

Was literally like every anz game against the dogs in recent memory except the one we won. Always close but never in the contest at the end. I hate this fixture.

Last edited:
a few brainsnaps but it was always going to be a massive hill to climb given the defending we had to do in the first half guys are making wrong decisions because they are out on their feet

Eelogical

Referee
Another embarrassing second half performance in round 2, the years change but the team doesn't

I find this to be derogatory to tonight's team. "Embarrassing" is an inappropriate remark, and it deeply surprises me that you would make such a comment.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
We lost this game by playing stupid!

Yep, very brave effort by the side, but we didn't respect the ball enough. Only 69% completion and concede 9 penalties ( Des factor definitely helped the dogs). There was one stage we were up in the second half and we decided to play hot potato with the ball. But injuries didn't help and without Sandow the boys probably thought they needed to take chances rather then play as they trained

hindy111

Post Whore
Semi's injury may not be as bad as we think.
Champion is an injury prone player so I guess it was just a matter of time.We wont lose heaps by bringing in morgan or Toutai IMO.
Robinson worried me.Once the game got physical he just got hammered all over the park.His goal kicking also let us down.

I find this to be derogatory to tonight's team. "Embarrassing" is an inappropriate remark, and it deeply surprises me that you would make such a comment.

+1 after all the defending they did in the first half then being decimated by injury other teams would be down by 30

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Considering the circumstances for me this game has stamped the Eels as a top 6 team this year. If we had our top 17 playing in this game for 80 minutes we will have won this game. One of the most impressive, gutsiest games I've seen for many many years. BA is a top class coach. Robinson was our only shit player. In spite of potentially losing many players to injury it's all looking up from here for me.

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
Exactly. We were winning until we ran out of troops. Then the Dogs just ran around our disrupted edges.

At 50 min mark I thought we would run over the top of them.But we handed over the momentum and never got it back for the last 30mins.They just grinded us into the ground.Also they got lucky with the try off the bomb.

I thought once Semi went off we lost heaps from our kick returns.Robinson was pushed back everytime and from there our forwards had to try and do hard yards.Prior too that we would have Semi and hoppa making a good hit up and starting the set well.

Gareth Keenan

Juniors
Was one of those nights. Think there was a noticeable difference in attitude to previous years. Not that disheartened by tonight. Apart from Robinson of course...was he stoned?

Latest posts