What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game thread v the Dogs

guruminga

Juniors
During the press conference, some American bloke asked about Jarryd, then Brad, rightly so, shook his head and said Jarryd had nothing to do with tonight's game. After the Press Conference finished, he shook his head again and pointed at the American bloke saying "Who's he? Who's he?" Ha ha, Gold.

G

Last edited:

Delboy

First Grade
Another embarrassing second half performance in round 2, the years change but the team doesn't

This is a poor reflection on you as a supporter, they were in the game for 60 minutes until injuries and fatigue stuffed them.

That was a performance that we should respect, I don't get your attitude to what the players did tonight

Sad comment

strider

Post Whore
i think we played DeGois and Peats together for too long tonight .... I know choc was injured - but peats ended up completely ineffective

Wicks was sensational ... for a guy who hasn't played for that long - wow!

We played dumb when we got infront .... Norman was good, but he needed to be smart nad take control and make sure we got down the other end

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Avenger - I thought Hoppa was pretty good tonight, was safe and did a lot of the tough rucking out, he actually made the most metres of either side. He is only going to get better. With Sandow off, he did look a little lost in our structured moves. But also we did give him the ball a few times off our structure moves we very limited room.

PS, semi was brilliant in attack and defence before his injury, very involved

Avenger

Immortal
Avenger - I thought Hoppa was pretty good tonight, was safe and did a lot of the tough rucking out, he actually made the most metres of either side. He is only going to get better. With Sandow off, he did look a little lost in our structured moves. But also we did give him the ball a few times off our structure moves we very limited room.

I think you may be correct, my friend but I just want him to make at least half a break from the back. He is a little slow for mine. Maybe I just miss that merkin chasing rainbows in the US.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Danny Wicks was a beast,very impressive
Tepai Moeroa was still putting is body on the line even though he looked to have a broken everything
Corey Norman has played well in both games thus far
Reece Robinson has no heart at all
Peats and Watmough are overrated merkins

That is all for now

strider

Post Whore
I think you may be correct, my friend but I just want him to make at least half a break from the back. He is a little slow for mine. Maybe I just miss that merkin chasing rainbows in the US.

we've been a bit spoilt for a while

Chipmunk

Coach
I'm surprised at alot of the criticism tonight towards the team, I just thought it was one of those nights that nothing went our way from the outset and it was a game we were never going to win.

If we can get everyone fit again that loss give me more confidence than last weeks win!
A lot of heart shown by the boys tonight more than I have seen in years.
P.S Wicks was awesome!

Avenger

Immortal
I'm surprised at alot of the criticism tonight towards the team, I just thought it was one of those nights that nothing went our way from the outset and it was a game we were never going to win.

OK fine but why not against a team like the Cowboys? Why against these merkins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chipmunk

Coach
OK fine but why not against a team like the Cowboys? Why against these merkins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If everything that went against us tonight had gone against us against the Cowboys they would have put 60 on us.

Players like Reece Robinson don't make it easy. He's shit and got flicked from Canberra for a reason because he's full Of brain explosions. The way he let the ball bounce was embarrassing as well as his whole game. Just useless. Give a young bloke a chance. Lavaka, Goodall, anybody ffs. This loss wasnt his fault but he's a heart attack player.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Anyhow, after tonight I am starting to believe we have a real footy team here, we would have beaten a few teams tonight. Don't forget dogs are last years grand finalists with an additional Morris and apart from injuries we had them. Unless injuries kill us I am confident we will go close to the finals. The boys are finally playing tough footy.

Joely01

Bench
Honestly nowhere near as bad as the score line suggest.
The refs from the start didn't help us one bit. Injuries to key players hurt.

I think we showed plenty of heart out there. The last couple of year we lose this game by 50.

I also want to give a rap to Hoppa. I watched him very closely tonight, yes he doesn't have that spark that Hayne had for us. But after every mistake, or every drop out, big play etc he is the one talking to everyone. Walking around making sure everyone is switched on for the next set.
His talk in defence is very good as well (seems crazy to say after conceding 30)

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
While we conceded thirty don't forget their last try was when champion was on the ground, simple overlap. And first in second half was due to no winger, they found brad t out of position, I believe semi stops it.

Eelementary

Post Whore

Personally, I agree.

I'm disappointed we lost, but with all the injuries we got and the possession the Dogs had, I was expecting to concede 50.

In the end, I reckon the injuries simply meant we were knackered with 15 to go, and it showed.

Bloody great effort, though.

Also, I thought Norman was outstanding.

Chipmunk

Coach
While we conceded thirty don't forget their last try was when champion was on the ground, simple overlap. And first in second half was due to no winger, they found brad t out of position, I believe semi stops it.

I don't think I'd bother with the scoreline tonight to be honest, it was just one of those nights. I think the scoreline flattered the Dogs performance.

Latest posts