What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Two Selections

RABK

Referee
1- Anthony Minichiello
2- Matt King
3- Mark Gasnier
4- Matt Cooper
5- Luke Rooney
6- Trent Barrett
7- Andrew Johns (c)
8- Luke Bailey
9- Danny Buderus
10- Jason Ryles
11- Nathan Hindmarsh
12- Craig Fitzgibbon
13- Ben Kennedy

14- Craig Wing
15- Steve Simpson
16- Brent Kite
17- Anthony Tupou

IMO that team would win.

lmao @ the idiots making 7 changes...we did score 4 try's to 3. Wasn't a flogging, you act as if QLD should be easy beats at Lang Park. Kimmorley cost us that game, hopefully he won't be there come game 2.

Parra fans putting in 5 or 6 Eels :lol:

Dirk Titan

Juniors
Kimmorley should stay he has earnt a second chance as he is is the form no.7.

Bring in Toupou and Clinton.

NSW suporters remind me of saints suporters with all their Bitching .They need a single scape goat when things go wrong.

macavity

Referee
ok im sober now...

yeah keep Wing there he wasnt shocking, but he has still been down on form. I guess we expect alot from him though - a few years ago he was awesome.

but people saying we should drop the incumbent captain, people saying we should drop Kennedy..... yes, there are some idiots on this board.

1-5 should stay, they were good. Barrett wasn't great but prob deserves another chance. Kimmorley must go (Joey IF he fires, if not, then not sure, as Sherwin, Orford and Gower have all been rather ordinary the past couple of weeks...). Ryan (he was not impressive..) makes way for another prop (tupou/clinton/stevens...?) and we have the makings of a good team.

let me guess pantherjim, you hate Bedsy because he is better than Priddis...
rolleyes.gif
.... idiot. I was drunk, I sobered up. but idiocy is permanent.

Garts

Bench
people calling for King & Cooper to go??? lol has to be a joke, if not they have no idea.

Ryles and Kimmorley for sure, however I am not sure which frontrower to replace him with. Watmough needs more game time otherwise dont pick him, he is deadset the form backrower and can pull of the big hits and is tough. Sounds like ready made for origin to me. but hard with the two 2nd rowers who are 80 minute players generally to give him more time.

Maybe Simpson or Ryan to also go with another prop coming in.

Calls for Morrison to come in??? great player but we have 2 workers in the 2nd row dont need anymore.

Pantherjim.

Referee
macavity said:
ok im sober now...

Really?? Well done!:clap:

macavity said:
but people saying we should drop the incumbent captain, ..... yes, there are some idiots on this board.

So I'm an idiot for having an opinion? :? Well... If I'm against N.S.W. selectors going for incumbency rather than form, then I guess, by your standards, I'm an idiot.:roll:

macavity said:
let me guess pantherjim, you hate Bedsy because he is better than Priddis...
rolleyes.gif
.... idiot. I was drunk, I sobered up. but idiocy is permanent.

Nothing could be further from the truth... I actually admire Buderus. I think he's a fantastic player, ONE OF the best Hookers in the game and I admire his loyalty to the Knights. However, this season his form has not measured up to that of Priddo's and he is not the best man for the Job. Had you asked me last season, I would have agreed with you that Buderus was a better choice, This season is different.

Take off your Newcastle glasses for a minute and look at the Stats of each individual player then get back to me. Once you've done that, you can show me where I actively called you an idiot in my posts!

Pantherjim.

macavity

Referee
apologies for the name calling. i have issues at the moment... haha

Priddis has been in good form. Newcastle fan or not though, Buderus is THE #1 hooker in the game. hits like a forward, supports like a fullback, best dummy-half distribution in the game, and unrivalled vision.

He isn't even close to the reason we lost the game. Wasn't his absolute best game, but certainly wasn't a bad one.

And he will be there for the next 2, barring injury.

one more thing: statistics, lies and statistics...

ledzep

Bench
macavity said:
apologies for the name calling. i have issues at the moment... haha

Priddis has been in good form. Newcastle fan or not though, Buderus is THE #1 hooker in the game. hits like a forward, supports like a fullback, best dummy-half distribution in the game, and unrivalled vision.

He isn't even close to the reason we lost the game. Wasn't his absolute best game, but certainly wasn't a bad one.

And he will be there for the next 2, barring injury.

one more thing: statistics, lies and statistics...
Wing and Priddis dominate Buderus
They are both much faster in terms of game-play, and unlike Buderus at the moment, are actually quite fit
Wing is a much better dummy-half runner, and lifts the tempo of the game, and Priddis has the best vision of any hooker

lockyno1

Post Whore
I am a Queensland fan but the main reason NSW lost was the fact that your bench was too small. It would have to be the world's most stupid decision to have 2 second rowers on the bench (Ryan and Simpson). That defies logic. Punt Ryan and put in a prop, possibly Clinton or Stringer. In the backs I would be tempted to put Ryan Cross in the centres but who would I leave out? If you put Cooper on the wing, King has to be somewhere! I would like a Cross/Gasnier centre pairing. This is the side I believe would win aginst QLD, an I am a queensland supporter!

SilentBob

Juniors
Ryan out - Menzies in (he hasn't played this well in years, take advantage of it).
Watmough out - Kite or Clinton or Tupou (any bloody prop, I don't care who).
Wing out - Johns in (only if he can show some kind of form and fitness next week).

They are the only voluntary changes I can see being made, Kimmorley won't be going anywhere, no matter how many times you click your heels together and wish for it.

1. Minichiello
2. Rooney
3. Gasnier
4. Cooper
5. King
6. Barrett
7. Kimmorley
8. Bailey
9. Buderus
10. Ryles
11. Hindmarsh
12. Fitzgibbon
13. Kennedy

14. Menzies
15. Kite
16. Simpson
17. Johns

Phillips

Referee
my side for game 2...made a few changes

1. Minichiello
2. Tahu
3. Cooper
4. Gasnier
5. King
6. Barrett
7. Johns
8. Bailey
9. Priddis
10. Ryles
11. Hindmarsh
12. Fitzgibbon
13. Kennedy

14. Watmough
15. Skandalis
16. Morrison
17. Wing

Hopefully O'Meley will be back for game 3

macavity

Referee
Wing and Priddis dominate Buderus

ppffftt.... then why is neither the NSW captain....
rolleyes.gif

Wing is a much better dummy-half runner, and lifts the tempo of the game,

yeah he is a great dummy half runner... but so are the other two. A hookers primary role, though, is dummy half service. Bedsy and Priddis are the top two there, Wing is too focused on his own game.

Priddis has the best vision of any hooker

agree to disagree there... Priddis is good, no one is saying otherwise, but the things we have seen Buderus do with the ball are absolute top shelf.

you all seem to think that because his team sucks at the moment, Buderus sucks. Let me tell you if it wasn't for Bedsy and Simmo, Newcastle would be losing every game by 50.. instead of being competitive (yet admittedly still losing..
sad.gif
)

let me ask all you bedsy bashers, if he is so crap, why is he there?

oh wait, it is because he is the best hooker in the game.....
lol.gif

Tahu? hahahhaha

he is a centre now... hahahaha (poor Eels...)