What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Two Selections

Munky

Coach
Cooper gone, King to centre and El magic to right wing.

We have a goal kicker and a centre who will pass to his winger.

Cowboy

Juniors
Quote:
Originally Posted by OVP
Why does ZZZuderus receive automatic selection ? If they arent going to play Wing for the whole game then ffs pick Priddis instead. ZZZuderus is too slow. Barrett for captain, swap Kimmorley for Orford and put a big prop like Tupou or someone else on the bench and we win by 20.

Yeah gd one mate. Put Johns in and remove the player that knows his moves the best. Buderus slow??? I guess thats why he was the only blues player in sight backing up kingy down the sideline. Have a look at the stats for priddis and danny before you dribble again hey.

gregstar

Referee
Munky said:
Cooper gone, King to centre and El magic to right wing.

We have a goal kicker and a centre who will pass to his winger.
WTF! cooper set up two tries you spooner! his defence was outstanding!

Pantherjim.

Referee
Cowboy said:
Buderus slow??? I guess thats why he was the only blues player in sight backing up kingy down the sideline. Have a look at the stats for priddis and danny before you dribble again hey.

:rolleyes: Yep,
let's have a look at the Stats of tonights game.... Hindmarsh was stuffed early in the first half because he had to make 27 tackles. If the right man had been in the Blues No 9. Jersey i.e. Luke Priddis, Hindmarsh wouldn't have had to make 1/2 that amount of tackles!

Oh well, N.S.W. selectors obviously know best when they go for incumbency over performance:rolleyes:

Pantherjim.

Jono078

Referee
Tommy Smith said:
1. Minichiello
2. Rooney
3. Cooper
4. Gasnier
5. King
6. Barrett
7. Johns
8. Clinton
9. Buderus (c)
10. Ryles
11. Hindmarsh
12. Fitzgibbon
13. Kennedy

14. Tupou
15. Simpson
16. Kite
17. Wing

That would be the team for me. :)

macavity

Referee
we have some idiots on this board, dont we....

calls to get rid of Buderus, King.... you want to get rid of two of our best? Idiots...

Clinton in the team? Give me a break! He can't handle big matches. He is the Kimmorley of front rowers.

1. Minichiello
2. Rooney
3. Cooper
4. Gasnier
5. King
6. Barrett
7. Johns (c)
8. Bailey
9. Buderus
10. Ryles
11. Hindmarsh
12. Fitzgibbon
13. Kennedy

14. Tupou
15. Simpson
16. Kite (if he shows some form... if not I cant really think of anyone)
17. Wing

I would love to get rid of Wing - has done NOTHING for 18 months now and offered nothing tonight... and the worlds best hooker, Mr Danny Buderus, should be on 80mins without question... but we do need someone that can cover the backs. Can anyone think of anyone else?

aids

Bench
1. Hodgeson/ Hornby
2. Grothe
3. Cross
4. Gasnier
5. El Buggry

6. Barret (C)
7. Sherwin / Orford / Johns

8. Bailey
9. Priddis / Farah
10. Skandalis
11. Hindmarsh
12. Kennedy
13. Morrison

14. Wing
15. Topou
16. Watmough
17. Raw-bones Fitzy

Pazza

First Grade
1. Minichiello
2. Rooney
3. Cooper
4. Gasnier
5. King
6. Barrett
7. Gower
8. Bailey
9. Buderus
10. Clinton
11. Hindmarsh
12. Fitzgibbon
13. Kennedy

14. Tupou
15. Morrison
16. Stringer (Gotta say he has been impressive this season and played very well in city country)
17. Riddell

axie

Juniors
Newcastle supporters sticking up for Buderus, suprise suprise...

I'm not a Knights supporter and I certainly wouldn't want anyone else in the number nine. Buderus is the best hooker in the game.

Johns has to be there, sure he's been out for nearly two seasons and it's a little unfair on guys like Orford, but this is war; Orford would crack under pressure.

1. Minichiello
2. Rooney
3. Cooper
4. Gasnier
5. King
6. Barrett
7. Johns (c)
8. Bailey
9. Buderus
10. Ryles
11. Hindmarsh
12. Fitzgibbon
13. Kennedy

14. Tupou
15. Simpson
16. Kite
17. Anasta

Injury in the backs? Anasta to 5/8 and Barrett to the centers.

Raider_69

Post Whore
cant understand the calls for johns
he has been mega ordinary this year. He himself conceeded before this game that his form wouldnt have warented his selection, now cause kimmorley had one ordinary game, the bloke is suddenly the answer?
Bah

what NSW needs is some impact and big boopers from the bench to make an impact and give Kimmorley a roll on and room to room, some time to work his magic. Topou, Clinton and if fit O'Meley come into contention, also maybe Kite. Probably at the expence of Simpson.

Enoughsaid

Juniors
*Piss Cooper off
*piss Ryles off

*King to replace cooper at left centre
*Call me biased but NSW need a goalkicker who will be on the field when they score a try..so hazam to the wing
*clinton and Kite to come into the 17 man squad

gregstar

Referee
Enoughsaid said:
*Piss Cooper off
*piss Ryles off

*King to replace cooper at left centre
*Call me biased but NSW need a goalkicker who will be on the field when they score a try..so hazam to the wing
*clinton and Kite to come into the 17 man squad
care to elaborate on what cooper did wrong - apart from setting up 2 tries from f*ck-all opportunity?
p*ss ryles off for sure - stevens would be better, but the backline shouldn't be touched except one player - the one who had the biggest halfback shocker in origin history

da-mouth

Juniors
Once a cream puff, always a cream puff... it's like our mate Gus Gould always says, some players are Origin players, some just aren't. Kimmorley has proved time and again that no matter how well he plays at club level, he just isn't up it at Origin level.

Fit or not, Johns is a champion player who will stand up. If not Johns, I'd be looking at Brent Sherwin or playing Barrett at half.

Elsewhere, get rid of both props and bring in a pair with some balls who will hit the line at pace! Get Shrek into a flotation tank or something and get him out there for game 2 and slap Tupou into the mix.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Here's my 2 cents.

Kimmorley should go and Gower should be given next chance. Johns is not fit, and Only Orford should be opted for in comparison with Gower. Unless Andrew Johns can turn things upside down at the Knights on his own, he shouldn't be considered.

I believe the selectors will get it wrong though. I reckon they will stick with Kimmorley to give him the opportunity redeem himself after throwing that stupid pass. I wouldn't do it, but selectors have historically done stupid things like that. Sometimes it works, more often it doesn't. I reckon if he didn't throw that last pass they would boot him.

I though both coaches used their bench poorly. Fitzgibbon and Hindmarsh should have been given a rest earlier. Both were physically drained and should have been pulled off long before they were. Watmough was wasted with his 15 minutes on the paddock. He looked fine and it would be hard to drop him based on no errors, missed tackles etc. If Sticky only saw 15 minutes game time for him, then he should have opted for either Kite, Stevens or Clinton on the bench to play Front Row.

I thought Both the NSW starting props looked fine when they got some ball and stopped having to make a million tackles.

I thought King looked great. And could be considered for the centre position if required.

Priddis should have got the hooking role in the first place. I'm sorry, but you don't pick players who can't win at club level. I don't care how many injuries they have. Good players can turn a match no matter who is with them. Priddis did the job for Australia, and I didn't see anything last night from Buderus that Priddis couldn't have done better.

Queensland got it 100% right on Wesser. Slater was the pick for fullback. Anybody who remembers last years series would remember how much of a problem Wesser had with ball handling and kicks. Not that Slater was properly tested under a kick all night.

The change of Halfback should be enough to win game 2, but Queensland should be also stronger with Carroll there to do Lockyer's tackling. I doubt I have seen a more inept kicking performance by a halfback. You have to give Queensland some credit on it though, they hassled the NSW kickers all night, while NSW put absolutely no pressure on theirs.

ledzep

Bench
Mini
Hazem
Cooper
Gasnier
King
Barrett
Johns (C)

Stevens
Wing
Bailey
Hindmarsh
Fitzgibbon
Menzies

Kennedy
Anasta
Tupou
Ryles

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I would go with new selectors.

6 backrowers and 2 props.

We were lucky to get close.

Tommy Smith

Referee
macavity said:
we have some idiots on this board, dont we....

calls to get rid of Buderus, King.... you want to get rid of two of our best? Idiots...

Clinton in the team? Give me a break! He can't handle big matches. He is the Kimmorley of front rowers.

1. Minichiello
2. Rooney
3. Cooper
4. Gasnier
5. King
6. Barrett
7. Johns (c)
8. Bailey
9. Buderus
10. Ryles
11. Hindmarsh
12. Fitzgibbon
13. Kennedy

14. Tupou
15. Simpson
16. Kite (if he shows some form... if not I cant really think of anyone)
17. Wing

I would love to get rid of Wing - has done NOTHING for 18 months now and offered nothing tonight... and the worlds best hooker, Mr Danny Buderus, should be on 80mins without question... but we do need someone that can cover the backs. Can anyone think of anyone else?
:oops: Wing was one of the best on-field. He was bloody awesome and as soon as he came on NSW began to dominate. All of NSW tries came with him on the field and in the thick of the action.

How unkowledgable are you? I mean are you really that bad a judge of a game???? His work around dummy half was unbelievable and if you can find two people who agree with you that he did nothing then i'll eat my hat.