What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gameplay Tricks

Deveate

Juniors
Besides the obvious kick out from the kickoff and score from the scrum, what are some other tricks that help you to beat your opponents? Post them here.

Paullyboy

Coach
Dummy at the right time works an absolute treat, dummys and steps are basically my two methods of winning. Then again I still struggle quite a bit on Legend mode, let alone League God/

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I regularly beat league god. The best way is to play field position. Also, try and sprint at the very last second at the hole between players so that they will try and big hit you back towards their own line. then hit sprint to get the fast play the ball and run at the offside players.

when kicking near the line the best option is to grubber straight ahead and sprint foward with the kicker. Also just tap the kick button for a short time otherwise you will get tackled. When the fullback sprints up at you on the last I find that you need to run it and try and look for the gaps out wide.

Also player choices at the beginning of the game are vital.

Deveate

Juniors
I'm more interested in sure-fire ways to get the ball back on a short kick off and stuff, if you know any tricky-technical ones please tell us.

Deveate

Juniors
I'm more interested in sure-fire ways to get the ball back on a short kick off and stuff, if you know any tricky-technical ones please tell us.

DAMAN04

Juniors
hey a good tip is get your fastest player in the team and put him at halfback so everything you get the scrum just let him run from the scrum and run the feild and score....

DAMAN04

Juniors
hey a good tip is get your fastest player in the team and put him at halfback so everytime you get the scrum just let him run from the scrum and run the feild and score.... :D

DAMAN04

Juniors
Everytime you have a line drop out move ur player so he is facing the goal poast...and try and make him hit the goal poast when he kicks the ball....if u get this right it will hit the post and go straight up in the air and a player on the other team will catch it ...and for some reason it will be ur penatly and u will get to kick for touch....but warning if it dosnt hit the post it will be the other teams penalty...goodluck :D :D :D

Goleel

Juniors
Kicking on the 4th for a 40/20 is the best trick I know of, very difficult to stop and rather easy to do.

Paullyboy

Coach
Yeh nothing sweeter than a 40/20 on the 5th though, that takes talent and it feels better when you pull it off.

Sean7

Juniors
After you make a line break, start running in a diagonal line towards the sideline and the computer defender will often not be able to make any ground on you. Great for scoring length of the field tries.

Always run at the wingers on kick off returns. Plenty of length of the field tries to be had.

If you have a fast player in your team, it's very easy to run sideways and get around the entire defensive line for a big bust.

On the 5th tackle, just spread the ball wide and you'll score almost every time as the computer wingers drop back waiting for a kick and don't react to you making a break until it's too late. You can often score tries in front of the wingers while they wait back on the dead ball line. :lol:

As someone else said, put your fastest player at halfback.

Put a good defender at fullback. Even if he's slow, Corey Pearson doesn't go too badly. :lol:

Choose the fastest player possible in every position.

Run at diagonals when trying to break tackles.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Once you work out the games bizarre AI quirks, it quite easy to put 40-50 points on in most games on legend(15 min games) I've found that every team plays the same way and the only reason I ever lose is through AI glitches.

DAMAN04

Juniors
try the side step....it will work nearly everytime unless there r 2 people there....they will smash u...lol... :lol: :lol:
2 do a short kick...turn ur player all the way to the side...and press kick button twice....there players should get it with in the 10...and will be ur penalty.....might not work all the time...
when a player does a high tackle press start and go to interchange...and interchange that player....he will not get sin bined...and u can juss interchange him back straight after....

Alan Shore

First Grade
If you use the darn bomb, which needs to be improved next version, tap pass madly with the player you're controlling so in the event he regathers, he'll instantly pass. Open side is good because you'll often be able to find a hole to go through.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Tamazoid said:
If you use the darn bomb, which needs to be improved next version, tap pass madly with the player you're controlling so in the event he regathers, he'll instantly pass. Open side is good because you'll often be able to find a hole to go through.

I put in a kick on the weekend and Luke Burt came screaming through. The bounce for the opposition was awful and Lukey got it but unfortunately I had decided to big hit the guy and so I let go of the button and he passed over the sideline. That really pissed me off.

andrew flap

Bench
on the PS2 version, Preston Campbell can side step just about anyone, run him at the biggst/slowest players and step in the direction towards the farthest touchline

nöyd

Staff member
Had this game since it came out and I have never EVER pulled off an intercept...although I am pretty good at hitting Scott Donald on the chest #-o #-o :clap: :roll:

Mario

Juniors
KINGLING said:
Anyone know how to pull off an intercept?

It typically takes for you to be in the right position, in combination with the passer throwing a bad pass.

You can pull them off if as a defender you head into the gap through which the passer is expected to pass, especially if the passer is under pressure, or offloading from a tackle.

It is a gamble though because if you don't get the intercept you are potentially leaving a gap in the line.