What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gasnier Dumped from Blues squad

JoeD

First Grade
The one thing that sticks in my mind about this is that obviously what happened with the bulldogs completely went over the head of some of the players (and management) The attitude towards women (and alcohol) that seems to be held by a good proportion of league players is so deeply ingrained that even the bulldogs incident hasn't put them off. This lack of respect is not only towards women but also to the fans and sponsors that pay their wages. Time and again players have shown that they can't be trusted in a team environment with alcohol. Why the management would actively promote excessive drinking (if that is true) is beyond me.

mickdo

Coach
taxidriver said:
"If they drop any more players then they are an absolute joke. For god's sake... they didn't rape anyone, or assault police, it was a damn phone call!!! "

So it's o.k to drop Gaz ?

We want equal justice, not a scapegoat.
I didn't agree with the dropping of Gasnier in the first place either...

Bomber

Bench
Here's a novel concept:

The players play for nothing and work during the week
$20 win bonus

If they don't like it, they can go and play that deformed and inferior sport that had a world cup here last year.

Razor

Coach
O'Meley, Mason, and Waterhouse were in the cab with Gasnier.

They want the other player heard in the message. Listening to it on radio, it was difficult to tell who it was. Obviously the NSWRL also can't tell. It's been reported that unless the player admits it or another player dobs him in all 3 players will be expelled from the team.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Razor said:
O'Meley, Mason, and Waterhouse were in the cab with Gasnier.

They want the other player heard in the message. Listening to it on radio, it was difficult to tell who it was. Obviously the NSWRL also can't tell. It's been reported that unless the player admits it or another player dobs him in all 3 players will be expelled from the team.
Good course of action. I agree with Gasnier's punishment but he shouldn't take the fall for it himself. For those who think it's harsh, well tough, League has had one too many scandals, these guys need to cop it to send a clear message that misbehaviour is unacceptable. And while they're at it Willie Mason should be dumped as well.

weasel

First Grade
Hmm if those three are all stood down too then I wonder who their replacements will be. Might be a chance for the likes of Glenn Morrison and John Skandalis to finally be picked.

Bomber

Bench
All seriousness aside, as a Queenslander, I'm just loving watching the Cockaroaches squirm. Keep it up boys! :D

Pity this couldn't have happened next Tuesday night....or even Wednesday arvo

Bomber

Bench
ABC on the ball.....nothing from the other websites

Blues interview six more players in Gasnier message probe
The New South Wales Rugby League (NSWRL) is about to hold a media conference, after interviewing six members of its State of Origin squad today.

The players were summoned to NSWRL headquarters after Blues bosses confirmed that two voices could be heard on the obscene phone message which led to the sacking of State of Origin player Mark Gasnier.

Only Bulldogs prop Mark O'Meley entered the building through the front entrance, accompanied by his manager but refusing to speak to the media.

But five others - Anthony Minichiello, Craig Wing, Craig Gower, Willie Mason and Trent Waterhouse - all emerged from a back entrance.

The NSWRL widened its investigation into the incident, which led to Gasnier's axing from the squad, after a Sydney radio station this morning broadcast a recording of the message, in which a second voice could be heard.

That prompted NSWRL chief Geoff Carr to confirm that a second voice was present on the tape, after yesterday denying that anyone other than Gasnier was involved.

Gasnier made the call to an unidentified woman early on Wednesday morning while out on a team bonding session with other members of the Blues' State of Origin squad.

It led to him being dumped from the Blues squad, fined, and suspended indefinitely from his club St George Illawarra.

Anonymous

Juniors
That's ridiculous wanting that one player. Dump all 4 for the series. Come back next year. It's a harsh punishment, but they'll all get another chance (except that dickhead with the afro). They would have all been making lewd comment I bet.

Bomber

Bench
Breaking news - they have all been sacked

Queensland wins the 2004 State of Origin series

ak47

Juniors
parra_panther said:
In this current climate, a very stupid and naive act.

But worth dismissal from the Origin squad? I suppose it sends a message, if anything, that no dodgy behaviour will be tolerated. A precedent has been set - Gasnier has been made an example of. This is zero tolerance from the Blues, and if this is going to curb unruly behaviour of any kind, I'm all for it.

With Daley and Gould at the relm - what other kind of tolerance was anyone expecting - Daley and Gould have old fashion morals and were NOT young dumb and full of cum like todays players
besides all players were told of zero tolerance before this night out
its there own fault
they have been made scapegoats, but they were warned and did it anyway, therefore its their fault
anyway Devere deserves a start ahead of gasnier - this is all just for CHIEF DEVERE!!!!

Front-Rower

First Grade
mickdo said:
taxidriver said:
"If they drop any more players then they are an absolute joke. For god's sake... they didn't rape anyone, or assault police, it was a damn phone call!!! "

So it's o.k to drop Gaz ?

We want equal justice, not a scapegoat.
I didn't agree with the dropping of Gasnier in the first place either...

When you earn the big money and are in the media spotlight you don't act like a fool. If you act like a fool you pay the consequences and in this case Gasnier got the full punishment in terms of the NSW team.

And taxidriver in the evidence that I have heard today and especially after listening to the tape, verbal abuse such as "four toey humans in the back of a cab..............." is just as bad if not worse then phyiscal abuse espeically when you have NEVER met this person before.

Macca

Coach
You know what should happen when these guys go into camp. They should be individually locked in padded cells and only let out for closed training sessions with no form of communication to the outside world. With our media, this is the only way there won't be controversy.

Once again the greatness of our game, the onfield part, takes second billing to this rubbish. A lewd phonecall. OMG. Lock him up and throw away the key!! While your at it round up the rest of these goons because one of them dropped a sausage roll.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Latest posts