What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gasnier Dumped from Blues squad

choc_soldier

Coach
In this current climate, a very stupid and naive act.

But worth dismissal from the Origin squad? I suppose it sends a message, if anything, that no dodgy behaviour will be tolerated. A precedent has been set - Gasnier has been made an example of. This is zero tolerance from the Blues, and if this is going to curb unruly behaviour of any kind, I'm all for it.

Our game is just spiralling down the toilet.. Its like one of those floating poos that wont flush, but eventually you will get it to flush... At the moment we are still floating, but a few more incidents and we will be well and truelly in the sewers.

taxidriver

Coach
"This is zero tolerance from the Blues"

no it isn't. It's the management looking for a patsy.

Zero tolerance and everyone in the cab would be gone.

innsaneink

Referee
taxidriver said:
"This is zero tolerance from the Blues"

no it isn't. It's the management looking for a patsy.

Zero tolerance and everyone in the cab would be gone.

Apparently the other three are copping the phone book treatment from the NSWRL heavys as we speak......expect three new names to possibly come into the squad this arvo/tonite.

t-ba

Post Whore
Up to seven apparently might be in trouble :shock: .

Now that's Zero tolerance!

So Star City allowed 4 obviously drunk blokes into their premises at 4am.

Where's all the media attention for the violation of their liquor license ???

Anonymous

Juniors
SEVEN?!

Holy shit. They're going to look like idiots now in less they drop all of them. And if they drop 7 players, they're going to look like idiots.

Not good. Not good at all.
[-(

mickdo

Coach
If they drop any more players then they are an absolute joke. For god's sake... they didn't rape anyone, or assault police, it was a damn phone call!!! :roll:

innsaneink

Referee
Gee!!

Skando.......you might get a run yet, mate! :lol:

skandalis.jpg

taxidriver

Coach
"If they drop any more players then they are an absolute joke. For god's sake... they didn't rape anyone, or assault police, it was a damn phone call!!! "

So it's o.k to drop Gaz ?

We want equal justice, not a scapegoat.

Anonymous

Juniors
You're an idiot mate. You can't drop gasnier and then noone else if they are all guilty. They had to punish, and punish severely to shut the media up. If they don't punish any other offenders they make it obvious to the media that's exactly what they were trying to do. Wake up.

They shouldn't be on the piss at "20 to four" anyway.

bubs

Juniors
I think a prudent comment was made on Hadley's show this morning from someone from the management side of the team.
He said something like "If you are in the team, then bonding sessions are part of it"
So there you go. The management ENCOURAGE you to get tanked, act stupid and make fools of themselves.etc etc.
An alcohol ban on the entire team is the ONLY way to go.
Someone made a comment about players being told what to do every day. Well, look what happens when they ARE left on their own eh????

bubs said:
I think a prudent comment was made on Hadley's show this morning from someone from the management side of the team.
He said something like "If you are in the team, then bonding sessions are part of it"
So there you go. The management ENCOURAGE you to get tanked, act stupid and make fools of themselves.etc etc.
Someone made a comment about players being told what to do every day. Well, look what happens when they ARE left on their own eh????

I agree completely. Infact, one of the managers on the team actually seemed to encourage it and allegedly took some alcohol from a restaurant without permission. You have to wonder who put these idiots in charge.

Southernsaint

Staff member
No lessons have been learned from previous bonding sessions where payers passed out in taxis or exposed themselves to tourists.

If there's something to be learned from the ARU, who not take the whole squad (wives & partners included) to somewhere like Port Macquarie or Byron for the week's camp & let them all "bond" there.

Cheers,
Ben S.

JJ

Immortal
bubs said:

Are non of these guys non-drinkers?? I would have though grown ups could do a job without getting pissed

Munky

Coach
Wasn't it hinted that Luke Lewis missed out on playing for the Kangaroos last year because he didn't take part in the bonding sessions?

Anonymous

Juniors
Serious munky?

Remember Wayne Pearce tried an alternative, and it ended in Robbie Kearns falling of a horse and breaking his arm.

Just heard on the news that three other players who were in the cab are being interviewed at NRL HQ and could be in deep trouble.

They said Waterhouse and O'Meley were two, I forgot the other one.

Latest posts