What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gasnier Injury

Disco

Bench
Look, im not a big Gasnier fan.................but its just horrible to see a player go down so early in the season, tough luck for Gaz eh

petetheileet

First Grade
im in shock....could we have treated the game an more like a trial??? the only reason browny kept him on was to give him more match practice in the halves....

i cant believe it

thommo4pm

Coach
Slackboy72 said:
NRL.com now have it as a rupture. Case closed. Dragons drop 3-4 places and out of the 8.

Quite possibly the worst post I have read this year.
No faith in the rest of the team at all.

We will make the top 4 easily and win the Grand Final.
Show some confidence in the team mate....terrible terrible post.
We are not a 1 man show...
Look at the talent we have left on the field...
Morris boys
Wes
Cooper
Hornby
Head - Round 5
Young
Ryles
Woolford
Wicks
Payne
Creagh
Sims
Williams

I'm still very confident, the side will adapt to life without Gaz...it's a loss but we have enough talent through the 2 grades to cover it.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Hornby and Head are a better halves combo anyway and Luke MacDougal is a pretty good fullback anyway.

thommo4pm

Coach
lockyno1 said:
Hornby and Head are a better halves combo anyway and Luke MacDougal is a pretty good fullback anyway.

Brett and Josh Morris have the fullback role sewn up between them.
McDougall wont get a look in at fullback and will struggle to be in 1sts based on last night when Brett Morris is back.

Balmain_Boy

Horrible stuff. Gasnier was made to play footy. Terrible shame for the new season that he's out already. One would have hopped his injury woes were behind him a few seasons back.

Navjot

Juniors
Yeah such bad luck, couldnt beleive it when i heard the news about gaz this morning, reminded me of how i felt when benji went down last year, hopefully he makes a quicker recovery than expected . chin up saints fans.

phonetic

Juniors
Awful. Get well soon Mark. Luke Bailey had a similar injury a few years ago and made a much quicker than expected recovery. I hope Gaz can do the same.

I guess Richard Williams might go to 5/8 at least until Head is back. I don't think he's ready for first grade yet though.

Slackboy72

Coach

Well I had the Dragons pencilled in at 5-7 already. My biggest concern was the scrum-base trio. So now we have lost one hooker two 5/8s and picked up one hooker.

The rest of the team may be great on paper but the quartet of Woolford, Young, Head and Hornby just doesn't look good enough to trouble 6 of last years top 8 sides. There will be games we would have won with Gasnier creating at 5/8 that we will miss out on. There just isn't enough firepower to trouble the top sides.

B.A. Baracus

Juniors
thommo4pm said:

We will make the top 4 easily and win the Grand Final.
Show some confidence in the team mate....terrible terrible post.
We are not a 1 man show...
Look at the talent we have left on the field...
Morris boys
Wes
Cooper
Hornby
Head - Round 5
Young
Ryles
Woolford
Wicks
Payne
Creagh
Sims
Williams

I'm still very confident, the side will adapt to life without Gaz...it's a loss but we have enough talent through the 2 grades to cover it.

One of your Morris' has a broken finger & will miss the first month or so too....not that that really matters I suppose because you usually 'traditionally' lose all 4 opening games ANYway.

Top 4 easily? Grand Final? Geez - confidence in your side is one thing - but that's just a wee bit bit rich, dontcha think???

RABK

Referee
Rotten luck, been a Knights fan i know what it feels like seeing your season end in a second.

Honestly, they don't have much hope without him but they'll still be competitive.

Mullen for NSW 5/8th! :p

Charlie124

First Grade
If theres one good thing to come out of this its that the Dragons probably just improved their halves combo. But of course the flip side to that is that he isnt in the centres either.

hard luck.

thommo4pm

Coach
B.A. Baracus said:
One of your Morris' has a broken finger & will miss the first month or so too....not that that really matters I suppose because you usually 'traditionally' lose all 4 opening games ANYway.

Top 4 easily? Grand Final? Geez - confidence in your side is one thing - but that's just a wee bit bit rich, dontcha think???

Brett Morris is due back in Round 4-5 along with Matt Head.
If Saints can manage 2 victories before Head is back I think we will be very happy with that.
I'm very very confident in the sides chances of the prediction I made.

A lot of you guys wouldn't know the juniors coming through in our lower grades.
They fill me with quite a lot of confidence. :D

Latest posts