What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gasnier Injury

petetheileet

First Grade
Stranger said:
Don't get me wrong, im not a stat man, but as the trent reads, Dragons have a poor start to the year and have a very good mid-season. Thats just the way they are. The way the NRL is now anybody can beat anybody so if a team starts the season poorly they generally will lose most games reguardless of who they play.
Cowboys, Melbourne,Knights are title contenders. Cronulla are mid table and the titans are anybodys guess. That is not what i call an easy start.

Hmmm...

Just cant agree with u there mate we will see how their seasons unfold.

IMO i just cant see the rush in getting an injusy prone player back too early when i think the season will get a lot tougher after may

petetheileet

First Grade
lol idiots will always come up with an excuse why the saints will win the comp, everyone will get sick of loosing their money soon

B.A. Baracus said:
Mundine back in League - Oh that is a horrible thought. :(

I love the thought. For pure sporting theatre alone it would be brilliant. He's fit enough to play, he'd need to prove his commitment and skill level.

People say they don't like Mundine, yet turn out in droves at the fight & throughout pubs/clubs in OZ to see him. And if he returned to the Saints??.... again many fans hate him, but for darn sure they would flock to the game, or drive TV ratings through the roof to watch him play. How would this be horrible?

TBH I can't see it happening but regardless of your opinion on The Man, the positives would outweigh any negatives if he were to pull on the Red V again.

Humphrey

Juniors
brooksy19 said:
According to Fox Sports New (TV) torn pec, season goooorne.

Yea thats how its reported over this side of the Tasy. Shame cause in the pre game interviews he was looking forward to a great season. Looked good to.

panthersballboy

Juniors
Gaz is one of the most entertaining players on the field. It's a shame to see he'll probably miss the whole season. I hope his recovery goes well.

kooriguy

Juniors
sorry dragons fans but dont expect a big 08 from gaz either..if memory serves me corectly tony puletua got the same injury in 05 after having an enourmous 2 seasons in 03/04 and they said he could be back before finals but missed whole year and came back in 06 a lessened player.

borat

Bench
Red and Blue Knight said:
I find that hilarious, Dragons always start terribly. What is their record for the first 6 games of the past 7 or so seasons? 10 wins 30 losses?

Teams must pray to play the dragons in the first 5 rounds.

This is the exact reason why I think it is a huge overstatement to say we are gone just cause Gaz is out for the year. Even with Gaz being there I would still expect us to be patchy in the first 5 rounds, we do it every year. So wether its Williams, chase or Humphrey B Bear I don't expect us to win many of the first 5.

If Head can return in round 5 AND be fully fit/back to his best, we will still be a very very strong football team. Where the loss of gaz will really be felt is if we were to then lose another topline player in Hornby or Cooper. Then our backline depth will really be tested.

Fiddy

Juniors
Every time Mark Gasnier plays souths from now on he is going to be injured - just like SBW over the last few years. Bank on it. I am serious to.. like the last 2 returns for SBW he was injured against souths that same game.. i can see it happening to MG

B.A. Baracus

Juniors
Godz Illa said:
Puletua was hott and cold before his injury. Luke Bailey bounced back with no such problems.

Gasnier's grade of rupture is more serious than Bailey's was though, no?

It'll take the bloke a while to ease back in & just get his confidence back for a start. How long that takes - is anybody's guess...but he won't just bounce back into the side like nothing's happened when he returns - it WILL affect him - to some degree - that's for sure...If I was Nathan Brown - I wouldn't even be rushing him back for the semis this year either, even if it were ruled possible by the docs - this is the bloke's whole career & life we're talking about here!

B.A. Baracus

Juniors
Bring back John Fifita said:
I love the thought. For pure sporting theatre alone it would be brilliant. He's fit enough to play, he'd need to prove his commitment and skill level.

People say they don't like Mundine, yet turn out in droves at the fight & throughout pubs/clubs in OZ to see him. And if he returned to the Saints??.... again many fans hate him, but for darn sure they would flock to the game, or drive TV ratings through the roof to watch him play. How would this be horrible?

TBH I can't see it happening but regardless of your opinion on The Man, the positives would outweigh any negatives if he were to pull on the Red V again.

Well I'm not going to watch his circus freakshow tomorrow night for one. I would MUCH rather watch Sydney FC play in the Asian Cup! Or even play poker - than watch that.

Also - my local has refused to pay the exorbitant PPV prices he was asking for this latest slaparound - and GOOD on them! Because now that means they'll show the soccer instead! :D

I'm completely over the whole Mundine show - his antics are getting old and it shows - he's getting more & more desperate & his antics are just becoming more & more pathetic. The whole 'novelty' of him being a former footy player turned boxer wore off long ago for me.

Last thing we need is some loudmouth like him coming back & rubbing the already currently grubby nose of Rugby League any further into the poo pile. It would only be a matter of WHEn - not if - he got his foot jammed halfway down his throat. Yet again.

If I never hear the name 'Anthony Mundine' ever again - it'd still be too soon.

St. George Illawarra might need Mundine - or at least think they do - but Rugby League does not.

Sorry.

Shorty

Staff member
It depends on the degree of injury it is and the person's body.
Comparing him to Bailey isn't ideal,they're quite different.

If he does a lot of physio and really looks after it he could be back by the ending season.
But be aware he will not be the same.

grouch

First Grade
Baracus that was possibly the most preening arrogant poncy pile of Dog sh*t I’ve ever read on this forum. BBJF was 100% right and you proved it. It’s not hard to see through your desperate attempt at tired cynicism, and realise that you indeed hold a deep underlying rancour for Mundine – which proves you ARE hooked. If he returned you WOULD watch. Even if just to post another wanky dribbling post on LU. I must admit though it was fun watching your credibility fly out the window when you mentioned Sydney FC. lol you can’t be serious

B.A. Baracus

Juniors
grouch said:
Baracus that was possibly the most preening arrogant poncy pile of Dog sh*t I’ve ever read on this forum. BBJF was 100% right and you proved it. It’s not hard to see through your desperate attempt at tired cynicism, and realise that you indeed hold a deep underlying rancour for Mundine – which proves you ARE hooked. If he returned you WOULD watch. Even if just to post another wanky dribbling post on LU. I must admit though it was fun watching your credibility fly out the window when you mentioned Sydney FC. lol you can’t be serious

I am deadly serious mate.

Mundine is yesterday's NRL news.

Move ever forward - learning from your mistakes as you go - and don't look back. That's how you make things BETTER. Anything.

Understand???? Or would you like me to break it down into bite-sized chunks for easier digestion?

And look - I think quite a lot of BBJF from what little I have seen of him on these forums - he is a seemingly intelligent & thoughtful poster...unlike your good gibbering self. But he is also a Saints fan, I know. And perhaps just a wee bit biased on this whole thing methinks. ;-)

If Mundine returned - I would watch no more or no less footy than I currently do. He just....does....not....interest....me. And I cannot put it any clearer than that for you.

And I know a lot of people that think the exact same thing, what's more. Yes - Even Saints fans!

But if you like him - then hey - good for you. Couldn't care less. Just leave me out of it though....

Red Bear

Referee
Mundine? Pffft, he never played for the dragons, he played for himself.

Interesting that gaz gets nothing but sympathy as well, despite players being let go to keep him on a huge salary and seeing him get injured. Compared to another high profile ex-Dragons star who always put in effort on the field (tried too hard even) yet had a few injury concerns (not his fault) and hence complaints over his wage (despite him taking a pay cut in order to help retain players if i recall correctly) and general disrespect from a large portion of dragons fans.