What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gasnier rumour: to sign with Roosters

Good luck to him, hope we get to play against him and Beauy hits him hard enough to break several ribs.
I have no time for Mark Gasnier, and really I don't want to hear anything about him.
Nobody will forget him leaving us, after all the support the club showed him with his years of injuries, and then he caught a plane the same night after our finals loss to Manly in 2008.

Yes, who can forget the support the club showed him when he was being vilified in the media for the crime of propositioning a woman.

They supported him the tune of an outrageous $50 000 fine. Worse still, they jumped in and joined in the Daily Telegraph driven fake outrage and publically condemned him as if he'd committed some sort of war crime.

From that moment on it was inevitable that he would leave.

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
What Gasnier did to us was just as bad as what SBW did to Canterbury, except that he did it in mid-season and Gasnier did it at the end of a season ... will never forget how he was taking French lessons in the week leading up to our semi-final with Manly ... club captain, f**k off you dirty scumbag!!!!

God-King Dean

Immortal
And of course, everyone would stay in the same job despite getting ripped off hundreds of thousands of dollars.

What Gasnier did to us was just as bad as what SBW did to Canterbury, except that he did it in mid-season and Gasnier did it at the end of a season ... will never forget how he was taking French lessons in the week leading up to our semi-final with Manly ... club captain, f**k off you dirty scumbag!!!!

How is it anything like what SBW did? SBW walked out of a contract.

Gasnier had a clause in his contract, a contract that was not honoured by it's other participants.

I was glad when he left because he was simply to injury prone to be of any real benefit to us, but your Gasnier hate is irrational and not grounded in reality.

Last edited:

Godz Illa

Coach
gotta love incendiary rumours by first-time posters. Nice work Saint10.

For what it's worth, Gaz announced at the Red V forum in 08, after he'd signed with Yawnion, that he'd also signed an agreement binding him to one NRL club, should he ever return... Saints

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Gasnier never broke any contract with the club. SBW did.

Everything else is his business.

Let's keep it in perspective.

The NRL didn't deliver on a promised income. I defy anyone to say they would remain loyal after that, and knock back a job playing worth millions of dollars elsewhere.

STG-Dragon

Juniors
He didn't deserve that much money In the 1st place! He's up there as one of the most overrated players eva.

Last edited:

thommo4pm

Coach
Yes, who can forget the support the club showed him when he was being vilified in the media for the crime of propositioning a woman.

They supported him the tune of an outrageous $50 000 fine. Worse still, they jumped in and joined in the Daily Telegraph driven fake outrage and publically condemned him as if he'd committed some sort of war crime.

From that moment on it was inevitable that he would leave.

That was something that Gasnier brought upon himself....he could have avoided that situation, and to be honest I don't believe for one second that he got fined $50K at all.

Wobbygong

First Grade
Good Source has told me that he will sign with the roosters if they can organise deal with channel nine.....and its very close to happening.If he does he is the biggest JUDAS

f**k off troll, you're contribution to the forum thus far is two posts lol :lol:

So what's your source again BBQ or Tomato?

thommo4pm

Coach
it's clear we are a little divided on this topic in this forum, it's not going to happen anyway, so not something we should get too concerned about.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
He didn't deserve that much money In the 1st place! He's up there as one of the most overrated players eva.
lol. He speaks highly of you as well STG-Dragon.

I always considered the bloke's income to be between him and his employer. Negotiating a deal is not a one way street. The club and the NRL never had any qualms about trying to release any player they didn't want.

Bring back choc

Juniors
This is the biggest load of rubbish i have ever read on these forums... and there's been plenty. I suggest you downgrade your source from 'GOOD' to 'FULL OF sh*t'.

Mods, please delete this rumour mill thread.

STG-Dragon

Juniors
lol. He speaks highly of you as well STG-Dragon.

I always considered the bloke's income to be between him and his employer. Negotiating a deal is not a one way street. The club and the NRL never had any qualms about trying to release any player they didn't want.

I prob came across a little harsh but I didn't say I blamed him for the amount given to him, I just believe he was not worth that much, And blame the club for paying him that much.