What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gasnier rumour: to sign with Roosters

Willow

Assistant Moderator
They were unusual circumstances. The Euro was very attractive. French clubs in particular were cashed up, and the NRL was competing with that. Union was all over it as well.

But imo, the NRL made their own bed when all stops were pulled out to keep Andrew Johns. The player managers thought 'hello', and the levers came out.

Not long after that, an increasing number of high profile NRL players were on the European market.

theSAINT10

Juniors
Guys im not here to slam other posters or fans. I am just reporting what I heard. I hope its bullsh*t. You can keep abusing all you like but the source is a saints man in the roosters camp. I told you I want him back we need him and I dont care what he s done in the past, us fans WANT,NEED DESERVE a premiership im sick of coping sh*t from everyone especially dogs supporters.So what if im posting now Godzilla weren t you new here once to

dragondad

First Grade
Fair enough but what does a Saints man in the Roosters camp mean? Anyway, as someone has already mentioned, Gaz spoke at his last Red V Forum and announced to the masses that if he came back to the NRL he would be in our team's jersey. He must realise that he would lose all credibility in Dragons history if he changed his mind.

Mr Red

First Grade
Gasnier would still be wearing the Red V and at zero cost to the salary cap if the NRL would move out of the 80's and introduce the "marquee player" system where by each club can nominate a single player who is exempt from the cap.
this would not only encourage loyalty but allow the fans to see more of the stars stay at their club..
this along with a compensation for bringing juniors through the ranks to play first grade/rep football should also see the club rewarded with salary cap reductions.
i blame the NRL solely for the current mess of having a flood of players leave to play super league and rugby union....

adamkungl

Immortal
Guys im not here to slam other posters or fans. I am just reporting what I heard. I hope its bullsh*t. You can keep abusing all you like but the source is a saints man in the roosters camp. I told you I want him back we need him and I dont care what he s done in the past, us fans WANT,NEED DESERVE a premiership im sick of coping sh*t from everyone especially dogs supporters.So what if im posting now Godzilla weren t you new here once to

.....nah

Gasnier would still be wearing the Red V and at zero cost to the salary cap if the NRL would move out of the 80's and introduce the "marquee player" system where by each club can nominate a single player who is exempt from the cap.
this would not only encourage loyalty but allow the fans to see more of the stars stay at their club..
this along with a compensation for bringing juniors through the ranks to play first grade/rep football should also see the club rewarded with salary cap reductions.
i blame the NRL solely for the current mess of having a flood of players leave to play super league and rugby union....

It might encourage loyalty but it would also encourage bidding wars. Can't beat a team who will make the new player a marquee.

Morrow

Juniors
IMO The worst thing that Gaz did was drag it all out, drag us through the crap and then whilst this was going on we lost Josh Morris. No guarantee that he would have stayed if Gaz announced earlier that he was off but would have given us a better chance of retaining JMoz. Lets go hard for JMoz when he comes off contract.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Gaz wanted to leave earlier, but was promised a third party deal to stay.

The club made the decision to stick with Gaz. The club let Morris go.

The NRL didn't front with this mysterious third party money.

Contract broken.

Gaz is then offered a motza to play in France.

So ask, who was really dragging this out?

It was a royal c**k up.

Can't believe yet another thread has been made on this guy, there's no way he'll even come back to league the guy is a union player now. Good luck to him.

But if the Rorters do manage to get him that will f**king piss me right off not because its Gaz its because they ALWAYS manage to get high profile signings every year, *.

Last edited by a moderator:

petetheileet

First Grade
I think Money Bill is a better chance of playing NRL in the near future than Gaz

and that is saying a bit