What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GB's New Shirt

jed

First Grade
Not sure if this has been posted here (can't remember seeing it), but I'm a fan of the new Great Britain shirt:

prod_149.jpg

Compared to the previous one:
prod_3.jpg

Of course, I could change my mind once I actually see it in action... :lol:

It's nice. But why do they have to change it all the time? The reason the Kangaroos jersey is so great is that it is basically the same as it has been since the 30s. Even the Kiwis have gone for a traditional design of late and it looks great too.

deluded pom?

Coach
East Coast Tiger said:
It's nice. But why do they have to change it all the time? The reason the Kangaroos jersey is so great is that it is basically the same as it has been since the 30s. Even the Kiwis have gone for a traditional design of late and it looks great too.

For a country with such a long history, G.B. doesn't like to let tradition get in the way of making a few bob. ;-)

bartman

Immortal
Thanks for finding it Jed.

A bit white for my personal tastes, but the bottom line is it's something more kids are likely to think is cool and wear... kids these days who'd wear a traditional looking jersey out socially are few and far between.

Hope it spins a few bob for them from being in the windows of (presumably northern) sports stores, and that the generation coming through like the look of it. I just hope it goes with some blue shorts, otherwise it would be a white wash!

And @ Kalgoorlie Red, promotion and relegation for super league is as good as gone - after this season.

hutch

First Grade
i love it, and it is closer to their "traditional" strip than their previous jersey!

jed

First Grade
When I saw it for the first time, I was very impressed, it looks very clean. Seeing it next to the old one though, I found the blue across the shoulders of the old one added a bit of "strength" to the look of it.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I like their traditional jumpers the ones they wore 2001-2004.

Are they still wearing blue shorts for these strips?

roughyedspud

Coach
PARRA_FAN said:
I like their traditional jumpers the ones they wore 2001-2004.

Are they still wearing blue shorts for these strips?
white shorts

prod_155.jpg

ooopppsss abit big sorry:sarcasm:

as for australia not changing their kit.......FYI - they have changed their kit as often has GB has in recent years the thing they have'nt done is change the design..if we go back to 2001 when both GB & australia had the classic made kits both were made of a heavy cotton...we've changed kit suppliers but australia have stuck with classics but their kit material has changed to a more skin tight lycra/polyester number...

atleast when GB have a new kit it's completely new...keeping the same design but changing the material and then asking fans to buy it is more of a con imo..

LESStar58

Referee
For mine the best looking international jerseys in rugby league besides the Kangaroos ones are the Ireland and Scotland ones.

Leek UK

Juniors
East Coast Tiger said:
Agreed

roughyedspud

Coach
cumberlandsashes81 said:
How many more times will the Lions play? Considering they're supposed to be breaking up into the home countries...

4, 1 v france & 3 v NZ..

but remember last years tri nations was ment to be the last time :roll:

Nuke

Staff member
I don't mind their new jersey, but like some have said, I prefer the blue over the shoulders jersey they've had for a few years now.

The Wood

Juniors
roughyedspud said:
white shorts

prod_155.jpg

ooopppsss abit big sorry:sarcasm:

as for australia not changing their kit.......FYI - they have changed their kit as often has GB has in recent years the thing they have'nt done is change the design..if we go back to 2001 when both GB & australia had the classic made kits both were made of a heavy cotton...we've changed kit suppliers but australia have stuck with classics but their kit material has changed to a more skin tight lycra/polyester number...

atleast when GB have a new kit it's completely new...keeping the same design but changing the material and then asking fans to buy it is more of a con imo..

Nobody else remember the hooped jersey from 2003? Bit different from the gold 'V'.

Latest posts