What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Kilkenny

Coach
They don't. You realise Aaron Woods selection was extremely divisive.

Also number of games played isn't an objective measure of quality. He directly lost the dogs games last year. Quality players don't do that.

One game. I remember the incident you are talking about.

Seriously Tolman has been a war horse, a really fine player and even if you don’t rate him I’m sure the vast majority of objective NRL would respect his achievements.

I remember another workhorse in James Graham when he was at the Dogs saying Tolman was the best front rower he has ever played with.

Your entitled to your opinion but I am flabbergasted frankly.

Kilkenny

Coach
They don't. You realise Aaron Woods selection was extremely divisive.

Also number of games played isn't an objective measure of quality. He directly lost the dogs games last year. Quality players don't do that.

Aaron Woods clearly offered something to persuade the coaches of the NSW Blues to select him on 14 occasions and the Australian coach to select him on 18 occasions. May have been divisive to the fans but what would we know.

WestyLife

First Grade
One game. I remember the incident you are talking about.

Seriously Tolman has been a war horse, a really fine player and even if you don’t rate him I’m sure the vast majority of objective NRL would respect his achievements.

I remember another workhorse in James Graham when he was at the Dogs saying Tolman was the best front rower he has ever played with.

Your entitled to your opinion but I am flabbergasted frankly.

Nothing confusing about it. He irritates the hell out of me. Just hate seeing him on field.

James Graham was great though.

Kilkenny

Coach
Nothing confusing about it. He irritates the hell out of me. Just hate seeing him on field.

James Graham was great though.

I think he was a great warhorse, great servant across his two clubs and you feel differently so little point extending this debate given he never played for us.

WestyLife

First Grade
I think he was a great warhorse, great servant across his two clubs and you feel differently so little point extending this debate given he never played for us.

Yeah probably. This is a panthers place. Not even trying to argue really just discussing the sport. I'm sure we have things we agree on as well.

Kilkenny

Coach
Yeah probably. This is a panthers place. Not even trying to argue really just discussing the sport. I'm sure we have things we agree on as well.

Cant even remember now how we even got on the subject of Aiden Tolman so probably best to let it slide.

murraymob

Coach
Looking at some of the boys social media.The days when Penrith boys loved your basic pie and beer seem to be gone .The taste buds have gone a long way from there .The types of food cover a big range just in one sitting lol

BxTom

Bench
Looking at some of the boys social media.The days when Penrith boys loved your basic pie and beer seem to be gone .The taste buds have gone a long way from there .The types of food cover a big range just in one sitting lol
As long as they don't all become latte sippers :)

Kilkenny

Coach
Yes well there was only 2 of them in the whole leagues club in forester all going for the panthers when it was said

The Roosters without having a junior base to call upon are always thereabouts year in year out.

I know we like to talk about there unlimited salary cap and all but they set a benchmark that we need to somehow strive to achieving going forward,

Coming off the of our GF in 2020 we need to build on the successful season by making the top four at the very least.

It will not be easy. Our best 17 looks strong and it is reasonable to expect our younger players will improve on 2020 so that is a positive.

At the same time, if we sustain unforeseen serious injuries to key players I’m not sure we have the depth we enjoyed this past season.

I know it is just me but it is a concern only six weeks or so out from the start of the season proper and we still don’t have our roster finalised.

Alintheeast

Juniors
Probably best ever junior side also won the minor premiership but only Brett Naden(as a reserve) made team of the year. Nathan Cleary was also unavailable for GF due representative duties.
Would have won 2016 title but blew a 28 to 6 halftime lead. Jerome Laui had a brain explosion and got suspended for 2016 Grand final and Nathan Cleary was promoted to first grade mid season. Won minor premiership by a mile.

Jane Murray

Bench
+Dallin, Carty, Moseley,Moss - That was a great side also.

2013 v 2015 would be awesome to see, probably go with 2015 cause of their defence.
It is a shame than Moss or Moseley never kicked on. I know Moss is playing in the ESL, I wonder what is happening with Moseley?