What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Munky

Coach
Surely some of the problems passing depends whether you are right or left handed?

Agree, but you can build up skill in your non dominant side.

Guitar playing for a right handed person has you doing the fretting with the left hand which is much more difficult task than picking/strumming with your dominant right hand.

I imagine it has to do with the left/right hand halves split which has come in since about 2005. The guys in their early twenties have potential only ever played one side of the field.

martielang

Bench
I don't want Momo in the side but can he play left? Critter's flick pass on the right is magnificent

This is the go for me. Momo is a strong straight runner who’d work well on the left. Crichton would give the right some penetration and seems the most capable on that edge.

Our right edge has been poor in attack for since Whare/Simmons. Our ball movement to that edge is slow and gives the outside backs no real time or space. Ridiculous to pin it on Momo or Edwards or both.

Iamback

Coach
This is the go for me. Momo is a strong straight runner who’d work well on the left. Crichton would give the right some penetration and seems the most capable on that edge.

Our right edge has been poor in attack for since Whare/Simmons. Our ball movement to that edge is slow and gives the outside backs no real time or space. Ridiculous to pin it on Momo or Edwards or both.

Right edge forward is needed now. Perfect chance to get one that can help with the ball playing

Pomoz

Bench

DinkyDi

Juniors
1633483185503.jpeg

Attachments

• 243198542_10223192271127693_8798024668857377771_n.jpg
    243198542_10223192271127693_8798024668857377771_n.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 243264785_10223192270567679_1824525558668770230_n.jpg
    243264785_10223192270567679_1824525558668770230_n.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 20

mxlegend99

Referee
It's not ridiculous when they have both had countless opportunities with time and space yet butchered them more often than not. They're both poor at it.

Neither of them can draw and pass. Whare wasthe best at it for years. Critter has done it a few times but it's hard for him to perfect it when he's not allowed to settle into a position. He's easily our best right centre option.

Momirovski never played left for us so perhaps he can ball play on the other edge. If not we also have Tago who we can try. But the more I think about it the more I expect Momirovski could atleast be serviceable at passing to Too on the left. I feel like a bunch of times he ran his winger out of space on the right he was happy to pass / offload back to his left. So maybe he just has no confidence in passing right.

roofromoz

First Grade
Probably fairly self explanatory with the current situation, but assuming there will be no World Club Challenge early next year? Can't find anything on it, the Melbourne v St Helens one didn't go ahead earlier this year.

The Realist

Juniors
The guy was legit our best player in the finals on one leg. The only game he didnt play we lost.... and contrary to what was being said on here about him he was actually really good for the back half of the year and had a number of mom performances.

OK Mr Edwards. We get that you love your son.

Iamback

Coach
Probably fairly self explanatory with the current situation, but assuming there will be no World Club Challenge early next year? Can't find anything on it, the Melbourne v St Helens one didn't go ahead earlier this year.

March next year. Quarantine might be sorted then so maybe not 100% ruled out

Kilkenny

Coach
Edwards was outstanding. Close to our best player during the finals series of games, despite his foot injuries.

I understand it is very painful for you and others to admit as much, but Grids called it, he was right and the club was right.

A truly amazing performance from a player playing with such debilitating injuries.

Kilkenny

Coach
Edwards was outstanding. Close to our best player during the finals series of games, despite his foot injuries.

I understand it is very painful for you and others to admit as much, but Grids called it, he was right and the club was right.

A truly amazing performance from a player playing with such debilitating injuries.

Latest posts