What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Iamback

Coach
Anyone thinking of buying a membership for next season best get them now.
Just got tickets for the misses and myself and could only get in the Eastern terrence.
There are only scattered single seats undercover and not many of them left either.
So don't wait much longer or you may miss out.

Mine rolls over but yeah good to get atleast one more season of great numbers

Kilkenny

Coach
Same - i've been sitting in the same seats there since the stand opened (about 35 years ago). Its my 40th renewal all up

Looks like a big year. I dont mind the crowds, its the lines at the bar that are my biggest fear.......
Haven’t been to the new Allianz yet but when you go to Commbank and the Townsville stadium you realise how inadequate our stadium really is. Not just for purchasing beer or other alcoholic beverages but toilets, food options And proper facilities for accessible needs. Hopefully there is some news on the horizon around the new stadium shortly. One way or the other.

Kilkenny

Coach
I haven’t been able to get to enthused around the RL World Cup for various reasons but finding it equally hard to get excited about the football World Cup either. It was a joke at the time awarding the WC to Russia but an ever bigger joke when Qatar were awarded this current one. Normally I would be looking forward immensely to the football WC but the corruption around it being awarded to Qatar just leaves me cold on the whole thing. I hope our team does us proud, although realistically doing us proud is probably limited to three small losses.

MrBlack

Juniors
Haven’t been to the new Allianz yet but when you go to Commbank and the Townsville stadium you realise how inadequate our stadium really is. Not just for purchasing beer or other alcoholic beverages but toilets, food options And proper facilities for accessible needs. Hopefully there is some news on the horizon around the new stadium shortly. One way or the other.
I dont mind our small stadium. id like to think that even from my elevated seat the players can actually hear me yell at them. My way of influencing the game. (And if they can hear me so can the ref!!!!!)

Kilkenny

Coach
I dont mind our small stadium. id like to think that even from my elevated seat the players can actually hear me yell at them. My way of influencing the game. (And if they can hear me so can the ref!!!!!)
It’s about facilities.

Our current stadium may have been fine 20 years ago but currently it just isn’t up to scratch.

Iamback

Coach
It’s about facilities.

Our current stadium may have been fine 20 years ago but currently it just isn’t up to scratch.

The new grounds there is no leg room, Amongst other issues so it is just another set of complaints IF the Stadium does happen

Kilkenny

Coach
The new grounds there is no leg room, Amongst other issues so it is just another set of complaints IF the Stadium does happen

i don’t know about that. I’ve been to AAMI, Commbank, Queensland Country Bank Stadium and CBUS on the Gold Coast didn’t think or can’t recall leg room being an issue.

Iamback

Coach
i don’t know about that. I’ve been to AAMI, Commbank, Queensland Country Bank Stadium and CBUS on the Gold Coast didn’t think or can’t recall leg room being an issue.

Accor is the worst of them all, sitting back you touch shoulders with the person next to you

Munky

Coach
Accor is the worst of them all, sitting back you touch shoulders with the person next to you

This is why I like the current ground.

The facilities around the park may be shit but the actual experience of watching a game is great.

I'm reasonably tall at 191cm and have never noticed any discomfort in the Penrith stands while at a half empty Commbank I immediately noticed the lack of space.

Same thing with modern buses and trains. Seats are packed closer together so you can't get comfortable. The current Mountains trains are luxurious compared to the disputed replacements.

Who gives a f**k about WiFi and charger sockets when you can actively feel your back and knees going out of shape.

Fangs

Coach
Lets just keep it how it is then. Including the smell of sewerage upon entry.

And bring back the Krispy Kreme lotto thing for the Western stand.

Munky

Coach
Lets just keep it how it is then. Including the smell of sewerage upon entry.

And bring back the Krispy Kreme lotto thing for the Western stand.

Seems the new stadium will likely be on the same site now so that sewer smell won't be going away.

I don't think it'll get built anyway as the business case is non existent.

Iamback

Coach
This is why I like the current ground.

The facilities around the park may be shit but the actual experience of watching a game is great.

I'm reasonably tall at 191cm and have never noticed any discomfort in the Penrith stands while at a half empty Commbank I immediately noticed the lack of space.

Same thing with modern buses and trains. Seats are packed closer together so you can't get comfortable. The current Mountains trains are luxurious compared to the disputed replacements.

Who gives a f**k about WiFi and charger sockets when you can actively feel your back and knees going out of shape.

You should try the upper parts of CommBank you need an oxygen tank for the climb, Only to have knees in your chest.

I am 181cm so average height and get the same

Bob

Juniors
if anyone who has access would like to share what was said here would be greatly appreciated 👍 https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...ic-groupb-test-noscore&V21spcbehaviour=append

Can’t post the article atm, Will post later, but what it says is

Club wants extra $200k for winning the grand final, pre Covid prize money was $400k, due to Covid it’s now $200k, club believes Covid is finished and NRL are announcing record profit Fletcher wants the pre Covid figure of $400k, also club hasn’t signed of on St Helen’s match, club feel they are loosing over $100k on battle of the west. Game, ie gate takings, food and drink and most importantly club visitation

BossleyPanther

Juniors
Can’t post the article atm, Will post later, but what it says is

Club wants extra $200k for winning the grand final, pre Covid prize money was $400k, due to Covid it’s now $200k, club believes Covid is finished and NRL are announcing record profit Fletcher wants the pre Covid figure of $400k, also club hasn’t signed of on St Helen’s match, club feel they are loosing over $100k on battle of the west. Game, ie gate takings, food and drink and most importantly club visitation
All good. Makes sense, the NRL should give them the cash.

Latest posts