What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Pomoz

Bench
Showing your age mate, that jokes been around a little While.

Oldie but a goodie.

Was it first told by Dave Allen, seems to ring a bell.
True. Old and grey and Dave Allen sounds about right. Thankfully, we don't get to use the joke too often.

Kilkenny

Coach
True. Old and grey and Dave Allen sounds about right. Thankfully, we don't get to use the joke too often.
Sad world we live in today, with woke and cancel culture, you can still watch clips of the Dave Allen show on YouTube but I believe his shows have been removed from some other streaming platforms as they don’t confirm with our current values.

I read recently the extreme left are demanding at least one of the classic scenes from the Monty Python classic Life of Brian be edited or removed from the movie. Particularly the scene around Stan wanting to have babies, thankfully John Cleese is standing firm and telling the extreme left to go f**k themselves. He is touring Australia in the coming months and I am looking forward to seeing a comedic legend.

soc123_au

Staff member
Sad world we live in today, with woke and cancel culture, you can still watch clips of the Dave Allen show on YouTube but I believe his shows have been removed from some other streaming platforms as they don’t confirm with our current values.

I read recently the extreme left are demanding at least one of the classic scenes from the Monty Python classic Life of Brian be edited or removed from the movie. Particularly the scene around Stan wanting to have babies, thankfully John Cleese is standing firm and telling the extreme left to go f**k themselves. He is touring Australia in the coming months and I am looking forward to seeing a comedic legend.
That is my favorite scene in the movie. f**k cancel culture, things should be able to be appreciated with consideration given to the time they were made. Although in my humble opinion that scene has never been more relevant than it is now. Snowflake lefties cant handle the big truth bomb.

Kilkenny

Coach
That is my favorite scene in the movie. f**k cancel culture, things should be able to be appreciated with consideration given to the time they were made. Although in my humble opinion that scene has never been more relevant than it is now. Snowflake lefties cant handle the big truth bomb.
100%. It’s just sad 0.01% find offence and the rest of us have to suffer this nonsense. Before it’s time when you watch it. Very clever comedy. The Monty Python crew were comic geniuses albeit some find offence today sadly.

Kilkenny

Coach
Just as a side note on what was a hugely successful film at the box office the original production company withdrew its funding at the last minute and former beatle George Harrison stepped in and underwrote the production of the movie. So perhaps woke existed even back in 1979 when the movie was originally produced. I think George Harrison did quite well financially from his courage in underwriting the costs.

murraymob

Coach
Interesting the western weekender writing our current ground announcer is also the announcer for the roosters .I guess passion for our club did not come into the qualifications
You would think they could find someone who want love the job that was a panther fanatic

Interesting the western weekender writing our current ground announcer is also the announcer for the roosters .I guess passion for our club did not come into the qualifications
You would think they could find someone who want love the job that was a panther fanatic
Do you think we had to pay overs for this mercenary, and that’s why we couldn’t afford to keep Api?

Hooked

Juniors

Finally a position at the club for you Murray ;)

soc123_au

Staff member
Just as a side note on what was a hugely successful film at the box office the original production company withdrew its funding at the last minute and former beatle George Harrison stepped in and underwrote the production of the movie. So perhaps woke existed even back in 1979 when the movie was originally produced. I think George Harrison did quite well financially from his courage in underwriting the costs.
Pink Floyd helped finance it too iirc, or I might be thinking of Holy Grail.

age.s

First Grade
Woke has always existed. Only thing that changes is the position of the moral majority.

All their movies are incredible ftr.