What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I have this a rung below the May incident. Both as stupid as each other, but May had more time to consider what he was doing. Soni seems more spur of the moment, you would hope anyway. If it was premediated I'd bump it up a few rungs.
Yeah but we are pissing on our brand if we accept this

WestyLife

First Grade
Its definitely a rung below the actual May incident, but its several rungs above the incident that saw May get the sack.

May got sacked for using the club's GF to talk shit about his incident basically painting himself as some kind of victim. The two aren't separate things.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Sections of this forum are currently well into this mode:

crowd riot GIF

I love this

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230827_175605.jpg
    Screenshot_20230827_175605.jpg
    451.2 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_20230827_181323.jpg
    Screenshot_20230827_181323.jpg
    337.4 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20230827_181303.jpg
    Screenshot_20230827_181303.jpg
    331.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20230827_181314.jpg
    Screenshot_20230827_181314.jpg
    346.1 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

age.s

First Grade
May got sacked for using the club's GF to talk shit about his incident basically painting himself as some kind of victim. The two aren't separate things.
They are two separate incidents that have a relationship with each other.

I thought it was harsh to sack him over the post (which I thought was pretty innocuous), but I thought he was incredibly lucky to not be sacked for the actual incident.

WestyLife

First Grade
They are two separate incidents that have a relationship with each other.

I thought it was harsh to sack him over the post (which I thought was pretty innocuous), but I thought he was incredibly lucky to not be sacked for the actual incident.

Fair way to label it but it's the reason it couldn't be ignored. He got a second chance then showed he'd learned nothing and tainted the club's success.

Iamback

Coach
I'm not arguing he should be charged I'm arguing it's a dog act which it is twice. Although if it happens at a club with a woman you can bet there'd be a complaint.

Again though based off a video?

That is my point. I admit the video looks damning but it doesn't tell the full story.

Hence why no action can be taken

Iamback

Coach
No dramas with that if the nrl integrity unit conducted an investigation and they had sufficient evidence to terminate his nrl contract than so be it..

Maybe there is another camera angle that the nrl has that isnt is clear as to where his hand or fingers are placed and it actually basically clears soni of anything more serious... hence only being given the notice he was....

People dont have a clue whats gone on behind closed doors yet are throwing the book at him...

it didnt look good but that doenst mean he is guity of any offence... or that he doesnt deserve due process.

Unless your Hopgood or work for the nrl integrity unit than id suggest no one really knows the extent of what happened.

Correct. A due process here

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
If Mitchell Pearce gets 6 weeks for pretend to have a dog suck him off the field...

Surely IF someone fingers another players ass on the field...He getting more than a warning letter.

I believe If it could be proven, harsher action would have been taken.

At this stage a warning letter. That says a lot.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
If Mitchell Pearce gets 6 weeks for pretend to have a dog suck him off the field...

Surely IF someone fingers another players ass on the field...He getting more than a warning letter.
Wait… this all happened on the field?

Why are people comparing it to the Tyrone May incident….

WestyLife

First Grade

People forget Pearce also pushed himself on a woman that night without her consent. Was only a kiss but people only remember the dog.

Again though based off a video?

That is my point. I admit the video looks damning but it doesn't tell the full story.

Hence why no action can be taken

Yes because the video shows it was a dog act.

Latest posts