What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

WestyLife

First Grade
Funny ciraldo said the days were longer at his previous job when asked about the Bulldogs apparently having long days in this week's press conference. Shows the attitude of the players and staff at each club.

Iamback

Coach
Funny ciraldo said the days were longer at his previous job when asked about the Bulldogs apparently having long days in this week's press conference. Shows the attitude of the players and staff at each club.

Days are for guys like Mav, I would assume coaches watch NSW Cup train.

They get Breakfast, Lunch breaks. Massages and team bonding time across the day. So should be no issue at all.

It shows the mindset of the loser clubs

WestyLife

First Grade
Days are for guys like Mav, I would assume coaches watch NSW Cup train.

They get Breakfast, Lunch breaks. Massages and team bonding time across the day. So should be no issue at all.

It shows the mindset of the loser clubs

Yeah don't want to do the same hard work but want the same elite results

Sime_11

Juniors
free advertising for us - thanks Ciro :p

that said - will that put him offside with Canterbury? - my old club works harder & longer than my current club

WestyLife

First Grade
free advertising for us - thanks Ciro :p

that said - will that put him offside with Canterbury? - my old club works harder & longer than my current club
Maybe but they want to be better and Panthers are the current best so they should be using it as an example not an insult.

Kilkenny

Coach
Says more about their recruitment than anything
Crichton will be a huge pickup for them.

Not sure whether he is a fullback or not, but is a quality player.

They probably haven’t recruited in the one area where they needed quality the most and that it obvious to everyone. Toby Sexton panic acquisition, probably, see how he goes next season but doesn’t look to be a top quality seven. Will probably go the same way as young Flanagan.

The acquisition of Matt Burton probably hasn’t gone as well as they would have anticipated, two seasons now and he has been a bit disappointing.

Iamback

Coach
Crichton will be a huge pickup for them.

Not sure whether he is a fullback or not, but is a quality player.

They probably haven’t recruited in the one area where they needed quality the most and that it obvious to everyone. Toby Sexton panic acquisition, probably, see how he goes next season but doesn’t look to be a top quality seven. Will probably go the same way as young Flanagan.

The acquisition of Matt Burton probably hasn’t gone as well as they would have anticipated, two seasons now and he has been a bit disappointing.

Their big issue is a lack of plodders, They get the fancy guys but no one to roll up the sleeves and do the hard work.

Not sure any of their recruits bring that,

Kilkenny

Coach
Not sure anyone is downplaying it, Just need more then a video that may or may not show a finger in a players ass
I agree. If the evidence was overwhelming I would have no issues with him being outed for a long suspension.

It is extremely difficult to establish a genuine intent in an incident over a matter of two or three seconds and virtually impossible to digitally penetrate someone’s anus who is wearing shorts and swimmers.

Back in the day, I’m talking seventies and eighties , before multiple camera angles, grabbing your opponent by the nuts and other private parts was rather commonplace. Particularly in dare I say it Rugby Union.

Hopefully, the Hopgood incident is the last we will see such an incident, it’s not something that can be condoned but I don’t think he deserves to be ‘cancelled’ in this instance and is entitled to the benefit of the doubt.

Kilkenny

Coach
Their big issue is a lack of plodders, They get the fancy guys but no one to roll up the sleeves and do the hard work.

Not sure any of their recruits bring that,
Certainly other than Crichton I think the recruits for 2024 are a little underwhelming but that is there problem.

martielang

Bench
Looked more like pushing the shit in than taking the piss out.

He did it to Garrick a couple weeks ago too. Its inexcusable behaviour and he should have copped the same punishment Hopoate did since he has done the same thing he did. Just a concerning act notice for poking his finger into a players ass?

I cant believe how many people here want to downplay it. I imagine the same people would view it differently if the person who did it was at another club. I view it as being worse when it's our player because he has disgraced our jersey when doing it

Agree to disagree. Regardless of who it is, I think I'd see it for what (I believe) it is just stupidity between mates.

Iamback

Coach
I agree. If the evidence was overwhelming I would have no issues with him being outed for a long suspension.

It is extremely difficult to establish a genuine intent in an incident over a matter of two or three seconds and virtually impossible to digitally penetrate someone’s anus who is wearing shorts and swimmers.

Back in the day, I’m talking seventies and eighties , before multiple camera angles, grabbing your opponent by the nuts and other private parts was rather commonplace. Particularly in dare I say it Rugby Union.

Hopefully, the Hopgood incident is the last we will see such an incident, it’s not something that can be condoned but I don’t think he deserves to be ‘cancelled’ in this instance and is entitled to the benefit of the doubt.

I played up into 2010. That sort of stuff still happened, Our hooker was the master at it in the scrums.

9/10 a prop would go after him and get sent off, So it was likely if it was as the camera showed something similar.

Imagine the shoe is on the other foot. You rock up to work and are hauled into the boss' office. Fired or some sort of action taken because of what he/she thought they saw on the camera.

You would hope that some sort of investigated is done before hand. As would happen here

Kilkenny

Coach
I played up into 2010. That sort of stuff still happened, Our hooker was the master at it in the scrums.

9/10 a prop would go after him and get sent off, So it was likely if it was as the camera showed something similar.

Imagine the shoe is on the other foot. You rock up to work and are hauled into the boss' office. Fired or some sort of action taken because of what he/she thought they saw on the camera.

You would hope that some sort of investigated is done before hand. As would happen here
The whoLe sexual assault narrative is or was silly.

Certainly, not something you want to see regardless of whether it is banter between two former team mates, not sure how that fits around the same act against Garrick, but just no more stupidity .

WestyLife

First Grade
The whoLe sexual assault narrative is or was silly.

Certainly, not something you want to see regardless of whether it is banter between two former team mates, not sure how that fits around the same act against Garrick, but just no more stupidity .

That same act in any other workplace would at minimum get you fired and you'd be up on some kind of charge.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Ease off the bloke is entitled to his opinion. Cameron's feeling a touch of heat I believe.
Wouldn't hurt him to say the name he 'never mentions'.......

Latest posts