What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Discussion Thread

Iamback

Coach
It is never fair to compare a bloke to past players from different eras.The game has changed from Stereos era.
Nathan's career should be look at after he retires. Which should be a long-time away.

I use the achievements as a guide, It is the only constant through the eras

Iamback

Coach
Trouble with that is it doesn't take in things like the quality of the opposition or teammates.

That is the problem, Even on that list. If Alfie and Sterlo played in the professional era how much better would they be?

Munky

Coach
Alfie didn't even start in the ARL until he was firmly entrenched as QLD halfback.

At the end of the day a great player is a great player and we're lucky to have a few going around currently.

In twenty years the legend of Nathan will grow and he'll be considered the second best Panther of all time

Whino

Bench
Very good story in the Telecrap about Garner today. A little bit of Riki too.
I can't post it atm.

Kilkenny

Coach
It was nice while it lasted.

The Socceroos exceeded expectations but that surely ends in the morning, Argentina is a bridge too far, hopefully we at least compete and have a crack.

soc123_au

Staff member
It was nice while it lasted.

The Socceroos exceeded expectations but that surely ends in the morning, Argentina is a bridge too far, hopefully we at least compete and have a crack.
All over at 58 minutes. They were having a good dig, but an unfortunate decision from Ryan has shut the gate.

Goonji

Juniors
After watching the Socceroos and in particular Aussie fans at the world cup and here in Australia; it struck me how out of sync the Aussie flag is with our national colours. The flag (red, white and blue) and our national colours (green and gold) clash when you see them together. Either make the flag green and gold or our national colours red, white and blue. I know what I would prefer but purists and monarchists would revolt.

Murraymob1

Juniors
Well anytime we feel down about losing a player it could be worse .look at the mess the dragons are in .players not going to presentation night .ex players fighting in the press .Current players wanting out but being denied releases
Up the panthers

The yak

Juniors
Well anytime we feel down about losing a player it could be worse .look at the mess the dragons are in .players not going to presentation night .ex players fighting in the press .Current players wanting out but being denied releases
Up the panthers

Parra have problems too. They will have to pay overs to retain Moses and Brown. Might end up losing both.