What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General off season footy/sport/current affairs chatter

Gronk

Staff member
What you talkin' 'bout Willis?

Suity

Sperm & egg donors ( & surrogates) buddy and before you say that it's not really having children, hetro couples use this method of conceiving everyday and their legitimacy as parents is never questioned.

Parra

Referee
Sperm & egg donors ( & surrogates) buddy and before you say that it's not really having children, hetro couples use this method of conceiving everyday and their legitimacy as parents is never questioned.

There are always legal questions around surrogacy. One of the members of the couple is a parent, the other is the partner of the parent. The donor or surrogate is the other parent, however absent they are. Makes no difference what the couple who raises the kid does with each other or anyone else.

Parra Pride

Coach
Best away ground you've been to: SFS
Worst away ground you've been to: Penrith
Best away ground food: The only food I ever bought at a Stadium was when my Uncle had box seats for ANZ, and the food was surprisingly good for being footy food.
Other teams supporters who are the biggest knobs: All of them, if you don't support the eels you're obviously a stupid merkin.
Should radio rights be expanded to more than the ABC/2GB/2MMM? Dobt care
Is Ray Warren past it? Yes.
Do you hope Manly lose the WCC? Yes, I support Leeds in the Suoer League.
Do you hope GWS is an epic fail? Of course.
Will the Aussies beat the Indians in the Summer test series? I couldn't care less about cricket.
Gillard or Abbott? Nathan Hindmarsh :sarcasm:
Will Fisheel ever return to the forums? Don't know, don't care.
Should we export uranium to India? No
Should gays be allowed the right to legal marriage? Of course, the only reasons I've ever heard why they shouldn't tend to be religious crap, and as an Atheist I am firmly against religious crap.
Do you prefer a hot summer or a cool summer? Cool.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I love lesbians but only the hot ones. The butch ones should be barred.

images

Gronk

Staff member
As long as they dont get married in a church and try to change that basic belief, they can have a civil ceremony and be happy with that.

I am more concerned that the children they adopt have a happy life, that is what is important, keep them out of a church sanctioned marriage, dont want that

Yeah you wouldn't want them in the sanctity of the church would you. I mean the clergy are a pure lot. Never sodomise young boys would they. :sarcasm:

Suitman

Post Whore

Fine.
Let two gay men (or women) provide a sperm and egg donation, and then you've convinced me.

Suity

boxhead

First Grade
I'd reckon he probably doesn't care about America.
I also reckon that Suity reckons that if you are trying to convince those that disagree with you that homosexuality and therefore gay marriage should be considered normal then perhaps you're best choosing examples whom are considered a little more "normal".

If you read the rest of that post and my subsequent posts, you would have seen that.

Tank30

Juniors
End of the day a marriage is religious ceremeony, I would think that most would not have an issue with the civil union BUT religious communities of all varieties have condemned homosexuality and therefore allowing a gay marriage in a church would be a bit hypocritical. I don't know why the gay community is so keen on this issue, defacto partnerships have the same legal rights as marriage so why the fuss???

boxhead

First Grade
It might be that they want a proper, fitting ceremony?
It's also likely they want it do they can enjoy the same privileges as heterosexuals?

lingard

Coach
As long as they dont get married in a church and try to change that basic belief, they can have a civil ceremony and be happy with that.

I am more concerned that the children they adopt have a happy life, that is what is important, keep them out of a church sanctioned marriage, dont want that

I reckon you`ve hit the nail on the head. I couldn`t care less if gay people marry. That`s fine. But I do wonder whether two male or two female parents is the right balance for bringing up children. It might work, but I have some doubts about it. Then again, it might just be that the idea is so new and different from the way I was brought up (and the way I`m bringing up my son) that I can`t quite get my head around it. Maybe it doesn`t really matter. Does it sound like I`m undecided?

Tank30

Juniors
It might be that they want a proper, fitting ceremony?
It's also likely they want it do they can enjoy the same privileges as heterosexuals?

This is the important point, it is not a right to be married in a church...Indeed some churches will not marry you unless you are a member of that particular church for a set period of time. Should we challenge this also???? The church is not and should not be controlled or dictated to by this or any other government. This debate has no significance outside of the legislature regardless of which side it comes down on..

lingard

Coach
Umm, I seem to recall from Sunday School that yes, yes he does. I think he called them sinners. Whether he his correct is another matter altogether.

I'm neither gay nor religious. Not fulltime, anyway.
Since most against gay (or "gay" as Boxy puts it) stand on moral or religious grounds then surely legally recognised civil unions are a fair compromise. It is 2012.

On a side note...Poupou could go mental in this thread.

What do you mean "go" mental?

Gronk

Staff member
I reckon you`ve hit the nail on the head. I couldn`t care less if gay people marry. That`s fine. But I do wonder whether two male or two female parents is the right balance for bringing up children. It might work, but I have some doubts about it. Then again, it might just be that the idea is so new and different from the way I was brought up (and the way I`m bringing up my son) that I can`t quite get my head around it. Maybe it doesn`t really matter. Does it sound like I`m undecided?

Homosexual couples will continue to be parents whether they can get married or not. It"s really beside the point.

SDM

First Grade
I would rather have 2 twinkie dads than a couple of dole bludging junky panfer supporting heteros

Latest posts