What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News George Williams quits Raiders

I feel like I’m missing something here

williams: can I have a release at the end of the season

raiders: nope

Williams: ok give me a day off to work shit out

raiders: piss off, leave now you jackass

How can anyone think the Raiders handled this well. Surely the correct move is to tell him he can go, but put a condition on his release that he can’t play for another NRL, club until his contract with the Raiders expires? It’s almost as though they’re so stuck on not letting GW win, that they’ve managed to become the losers of the situation. Probably will cost Sticky his job.

How can anyone think the Raiders handled this well. Surely the correct move is to tell him he can go, but put a condition on his release that he can’t play for another NRL, club until his contract with the Raiders expires? It’s almost as though they’re so stuck on not letting GW win, that they’ve managed to become the losers of the situation. Probably will cost Sticky his job.

so turn a blind eye to him secretly being shopped around while claiming mental health issues & treat him with respect despite him showing the club none ?

yeah

nah

Who says he was being shopped around? Oh yeah, Ricky's media mates.

Exactly, it’s made up super-convenient nonsense... that the deluded “my clubs right even when it’s wrong” crowd are chomping right up :joy:

Any release would’ve had a non-NRL club clause so it’s transparently nonsense

Johns Magic

Referee
In the corporate world, there is a thing called “flight risk” that you have to consider when interviewing someone for a role.

Canberra rolled the dice and lost. Cop it on the chin. It’s going to happen occasionally hiring expats.

An English couple having their first kid, in Covid-times when they can’t have the family support they want/need. Yeah I can believe George is under extreme pressure at home from the missus about this.

I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that pressure would be the same regardless of if they were at Canberra or at a “beach” club.

Zoe Palmer

Juniors

You portrayal is not accurate for a start

Zoe Palmer

Juniors
In the corporate world, there is a thing called “flight risk” that you have to consider when interviewing someone for a role.

Canberra rolled the dice and lost. Cop it on the chin. It’s going to happen occasionally hiring expats.

An English couple having their first kid, in Covid-times when they can’t have the family support they want/need. Yeah I can believe George is under extreme pressure at home from the missus about this.

I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that pressure would be the same regardless of if they were at Canberra or at a “beach” club.

I agree with all of that, so he’s now got his release and can go home.
What’s the issue?

Johns Magic

Referee
I agree with all of that, so he’s now got his release and can go home.
What’s the issue?

That the Raiders have done it like dicks and made Williams pay for it.

What benefit do they get cutting him now rather than the end of the season? Nothing. In fact they are hurting themselves.

This could have been done a lot better.

That the Raiders have done it like dicks and made Williams pay for it.

What benefit do they get cutting him now rather than the end of the season? Nothing. In fact they are hurting themselves.

This could have been done a lot better.
williams should be made pay for it if his intentions weren't honorable from the start. Theres no way you keep a destabilising figure lke that in your playing group with everyone knowing what he was up to