What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting my foot in the door, IT Help Desk

Generalzod

Immortal
I worked as a IBM mainframe operator For 27 years my skills are a bit if of everything networking restarting printer, are starting CICS terminals , job track automation, learned JCL programming language, unfortunately They outsourced my job…so that was the end of my IT career also I had enough with night shift…It’s incredible I paid $4000 to do a computer course in 1986 Control Data institute at St Leonard’s..h the memories.

Ruby have you done an MCSA course?

Ruby Roundhouse

First Grade
I worked as a IBM mainframe operator For 27 years my skills are a bit if of everything networking restarting printer, are starting CICS terminals , job track automation, learned JCL programming language, unfortunately They outsourced my job…so that was the end of my IT career also I had enough with night shift…It’s incredible I paid $4000 to do a computer course in 1986 Control Data institute at St Leonard’s..h the memories.

Ruby have you done an MCSA course?

I think they have been replaced with Azure. On my list for sure.

Ruby Roundhouse

First Grade
Hi Ruby,

Thank you for showing some interest to come on board with ***, you’ve been an outstanding applicant through the whole process. 

Therefore, it is our pleasure to offer you a full-time role for the position of
Help-Desk Support Level 1 & 2 technical consultant with ******, conditional on a reference check.

Position: You will be working as a
Help-Desk Support Level 1 & 2 technical consultant and reporting to the Operations Manager
Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30am – 5pm.

Compensation: We will be offering you an annual gross salary of *****
ex Super, with payment to occur on a fortnightly basis.

Your expected starting date is 11/4/22,

That is some good feedback, I can't wait to start. I asked him for some reading/study on company software, and he gave me heaps of stuff (16 areas) to look into for the next 2 weeks.

I really appreciate the help and support guys, honestly, thank you! :D

Incorrect

Coach
Hi Ruby,

Thank you for showing some interest to come on board with ***, you’ve been an outstanding applicant through the whole process. 

Help-Desk Support Level 1 & 2 technical consultant with ******, conditional on a reference check.

Help-Desk Support Level 1 & 2 technical consultant and reporting to the Operations Manager

That is some good feedback, I can't wait to start. I asked him for some reading/study on company software, and he gave me heaps of stuff (16 areas) to look into for the next 2 weeks.

Good stuff, congratulations!!

Good time to start a new gig too, with Easter and ANZAC Day public holidays coming up you've got 3 four day weeks to ease in to it!!!

Ruby Roundhouse

First Grade
Good stuff, congratulations!!

Good time to start a new gig too, with Easter and ANZAC Day public holidays coming up you've got 3 four day weeks to ease in to it!!!

Thank you!

I have already started learning their ticketing system, I'm just waiting for a trial, so I can use it with my server, as well as Automate, which seems like a powerful remote monitoring and management platform.

Then some VOIP, 365 admin, Intune, Azure AD, Unifi, TeamMate, SMPT, Linux, Azure VM, Veam and some others.

I got 2 weeks, so my goal is to get stuck right in. There is an opportunity in 6 months to become a Senior Tech when they bring on more people, so that will be one of my goals here. :)

Dogs Of War

Coach
Thank you!

I have already started learning their ticketing system, I'm just waiting for a trial, so I can use it with my server, as well as Automate, which seems like a powerful remote monitoring and management platform.

Then some VOIP, 365 admin, Intune, Azure AD, Unifi, TeamMate, SMPT, Linux, Azure VM, Veam and some others.

I got 2 weeks, so my goal is to get stuck right in. There is an opportunity in 6 months to become a Senior Tech when they bring on more people, so that will be one of my goals here. :)

Sounds like you landed at the right place to start.

nöyd

Staff member
Hi Ruby,

Must feel good to receive a letter like that, my missus is currently out of work, not through lack of trying, hoping she gets to see a letter like this real soon.

All the best 👍

Ruby Roundhouse

First Grade
Must feel good to receive a letter like that, my missus is currently out of work, not through lack of trying, hoping she gets to see a letter like this real soon.

All the best 👍

It does! Will feel even better once the contract is signed.

It's hard out here, but a change to IT was the best move.

I hope your wife finds something soon.

Generalzod

Immortal
I’m so happy for you to Ruby Tuesday, congratulotions. use this opportunity to open more doors..