What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GI to the Broncos

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
bullsh*t. Saints don't need another three-quarter/fullback, we need a half. I'm not jealous in the slightest. In fact, I'm quite happy. The more the donkeys spend on Inglis, the more of their young talent they will end up having to shed.

I do find it curious that the Broncos have done a backflip on not offering him a cent more than $400k, but since when has that place had the slightest shred of integrity anyway?

LMFAO. So now negotiating = lack of integrity? I guess you think Brisbane should have just told GI at their first meeting the most they were able to pay?

It's amazing the lengths some will go to in order to rationalise their hate. The tin foil brigade out in force I see.

gUt

Coach
th_72sobs.gif

AuDragon

Juniors
Lol at Lockyer being on anything under 450k.
What's this rubbish about Brisbane losing so many players so they must be under the cap. The Storm did the same thing but still way over the cap.

Lockyer - Marquee
Thaiday - Marquee
Hodges - Marquee
Inglis - Marquee

Wallace
Hannant
Parker

Pretty impressive. Now how the he'll did they afford their 2006+2007 squad?
Because they weren't on that big a contract then. Once the old contracts expired, we had to let more than a few go...
Webke (retired), Civo, Hannant, cutie, Berrigan, Carlaw, Thorne, Tate, Carroll, Eastwood, Boyd, Moon, Perry :lol:.
Same thing happening now... Small contracts, but unless the TV deal makes up for it, we'll certainly see a few of our youngsters leave in a few years... :?

Locky has a significant long service cap discount
Parker and Thaiday are still on older contracts, from when they weren't the players they are today.
Wallace earns around 275K and is one of the best paid players of the current roster, behind only Hodgo, Folau and Locky.

Applesauce already named a list, but Setu, Sims brothers, Clinton, cutie, Michaels, PJ Marsh, Winterstein and Folau are leaving or already left. probably enough to cover Hannant and Inglis I'd say...:roll:

Tommy Smith

Referee
Perhaps the Broncos should change their name next season to the Brisbane Heat.

Very dodgy. But then they always have been...

_Johnsy

Referee
I look forward to Lockyers whinge in the Courier mail, no doubt it wont happen. What a hypocrite.

AuDragon

Juniors
Forgive me, I didn't know we were getting someone way under his market value on a shadowy backended deal? :crazy:

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Be interesting to see how he goes for another club other than the Bronc's.
Wonder if Glenn will move home soon.

_Johnsy

Referee
Forgive me, I didn't know we were getting someone way under his market value on a shadowy backended deal? :crazy:

I hope you can add up over a 3 year period, then divide that amount by 3 to get an average yearly amount. This amount = his market value.

Simple maths, of course Brisbane have never got a player way under his true market value, do you remember a T Carroll, hypocrite?

Wish News Ltd would f**k off already. This whole thing is shady

Shoving something from the left pocket to the right, nothing more

AuDragon

Juniors
I hope you can add up over a 3 year period, then divide that amount by 3 to get an average yearly amount. This amount = his market value.

Simple maths, of course Brisbane have never got a player way under his true market value, do you remember a T Carroll, hypocrite?
It was the backending that Lockyer had issue with, because it allowed the Saints (or any other club for that matter) who were already close to their cap, to have a player NOW for "peanuts". Not that I expect you to understand such a simple notion...:roll:

T Carroll, the part time real estate agent? What about him? Did we backend his deal? :shock:

applesauce

Bench
Lol at Lockyer being on anything under 450k.
What's this rubbish about Brisbane losing so many players so they must be under the cap. The Storm did the same thing but still way over the cap.

Lockyer - Marquee
Thaiday - Marquee
Hodges - Marquee
Inglis - Marquee

Wallace
Hannant
Parker

Pretty impressive. Now how the he'll did they afford their 2006+2007 squad?

Locky has long serving discounts and might only have 200k included in the cap as he has 1 town to get any non affiliated sponsor to give him an infinite amount.

Thaiday isn't on a big contract he signed 2years ago from memory. He will make his cash on the next one once the current one expires and the TV deal is done. He wasn't even close to his current form last time he signed a contract.

Inglis has 150k out of his contract not counted towards the cap. We have lost over 700k+ worth of salaries this year and the cap has been raised by 400k for next year.

FMD use your brain. :roll:

In 2 or 3 years keeping the young players that will turn into superstars will be the issue but hopefully we have timed it with the TV deal and will be in a place to keep them all.;-)

some11

Referee
Disregard all players who are leaving, cap increase next year (4.5m), marquee player allowance ($300,000), veteran player allowance ($200,000) and 3rd party contracts...

BRONCOS WILL BE OVER THE CAP :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Hint: every club can benefit from these increases.

Last edited:
Not fussed with GI going...at least we can keep Blair, Manu and Proctor and start building a decent forward pack that IMO is more important than GI.

_Johnsy

Referee
It was the backending that Lockyer had issue with, because it allowed the Saints (or any other club for that matter) who were already close to their cap, to have a player NOW for "peanuts". Not that I expect you to understand such a simple notion...:roll:

Gasnier said he would only play for the saints, if the club could work something out. They did with the NRL giving the whole process the OK.
Are you saying that brisbane have never back ended a contract ?

T Carroll, the part time real estate agent? What about him? Did we backend his deal? :shock:

No, I hope you can read. When I referred to the chin I stated market value, not backending. He certainly was not paid his market value, I think he was paid match payments only. But thats fine isn't it, afterall he played for Brisbane.

The above reasons are why many Brisbane supporters are hypocrites, you included.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Agree, keeping Manu and Blair alongside the three real Storm talents was most important. I still see them being a top 4 team next year.

Hull kR allegedly offered Lockyer 250k pounds but he turned it down, I would suggest News Ltd have got a very cushy job ala Robbie Kearns lined up for him.

waaaaah my team have no chance of winning the prem next year, quick lets attack the Broncos and their salary cap, even though its pretty clear they are under. Broncos are over the salary cap!!!!

wishful thinking guys. We will win the prem and you can sit there whinging while we celebrate. have fun guys.

AuDragon

Juniors
Gasnier said he would only play for the saints, if the club could work something out. They did with the NRL giving the whole process the OK.
Are you saying that brisbane have never back ended a contract ?

No, I hope you can read. When I referred to the chin I stated market value, not backending. He certainly was not paid his market value, I think he was paid match payments only. But thats fine isn't it, afterall he played for Brisbane.

The above reasons are why many Brisbane supporters are hypocrites, you included.
Jeez you're thick...:roll:

It doesn't matter how much you think Carroll was worth. He was paid in that year, not after the fact.

Did Gasnier agree to only be paid a symbolic amount this year to play for his beloved Saints like Carroll did with the Broncos? Nope, he made sure he got his full pay for this year taken care of in the following years, that's current market value being paid delayed!

This basically allows the Saints to be virtually over the cap THIS SEASON, by having a roster worth more than the cap!

But this will also weaken you in the next 2 years, with the likes of Costigan and Smith leaving the club as a consequence.

There is no backending either with Carroll, or Inglis, hence no hypocrisy either.

Latest posts