What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GI to the Broncos

Meh, though he's still only 22-23 I reckon he's in decline. He's slower, fatter and far lazier than when he came into FG.

Watching games from 3-4 years ago, he's a far better player IMO.

simostorm

Bench
The change will do Greggy some good.. and i predict next season he will have his best year of his career.

macavity

Referee
just one more reason to hate them.

nice of News to meet the shortfall that News refused to pay. good on News for taking him off News' hands.

He was never going anywhere else.

Sleep

Juniors
Brisbane's team next year is insane. If they stay healthy they should take it out easily.

Outside of Winterstein and Folau are they losing anyone in the starting 17?

Kemp and Inglis are pretty handy replacements. Not to mention Hodges back at full strength and Hannant back up front.

Danish

Referee
Great to see the salary cap spreading the talent around the NRL....

seriously, the Broncs will have what, $2 million tied up in 4 players next year?

Sleep

Juniors
Looking at the Broncos team next year I don't know how it could be under the cap. Hodges, Inglis, Lockyer, Wallace, Thaiday and Hannant would all have to be on good to great money.

Parker couldn't be that cheap either.

I'm not complaining either, just saying. If they've managed to pull that off, good on them.

Sleep

Juniors
It's incredible none the less. In a few years Hoffman, Yow Yeh and Gillett as well as your hooker will be able to command serious money too.

ashton

Juniors
GI signing with the broncos is why we need another side in Brisbane, and less sides in Sydney and forget about bring North Sydney back to the Central Coast.

Good to see the salary cap spreading talent from one News LTD merkin to another. I'm sure the Broncos will just refuse to open the books like they usualy do and I'm sure Inglis can't wait to play under the magnificent Ivan Henjak :roll:

It is outrageous that we were stopped from re-signing Mullins in 2003 yet the Broncos have somehow managed to fit Hannant and now Inglis in for next season.

simostorm

Bench
If there was a Draft.. GI could have potentially been suiting up for the Sharks next season.. how do Sharks fans feel about that?

That seem fairer than GI heading to the Broncs?

applesauce

Bench
Salarys this year that will be lost next year.

Israel Folau
Lagi Setu
PJ March
Antonio Weinterstien
Aston Sims
Tariq Sims
(Steve Micheals [new money that came free before june30])

It's funny the Broncos have managed to get some decent money from the clause of *Unlimited 3rd party with non-club affiliated sponsers*, plus had more cash 150k increase to the cap and 300k increase to marquee (that evry other club also gets), something the majority have been very vocal about (in support of to grow the pie) yet when it happens it gets poo'd...

Damned if you do...

icewind

Juniors
yeh because we havn't lost many over the last couple of years either. *cough*

Hunt. Taylor. Civeniceva. Carroll. Tate. Ennis. Eastwood. Stagg. Boyd. Moon. Perry.

/phew out of breath.
and also...
this year: Winterstein, Folau, Sims (Ashton & Tariq), Setu, Gorrell, Michaels, Marsh.

19 first grade players in a couple of years.
(not including players who left and came back ie Kemp and Hannant)

amazing how quickly people forget.

icewind

Juniors
I'm sure PJ Marsh, Tariq Sims, Antonio Winterstein and Lagi Setu were really putting a strain on the books up north.

Ashton was being touted as a pretty good acquisition for the Broncs at the time, and Lagi Setu was an up and coming star. Doubt they would have been offered peanuts.

PJ was on pretty decent coin too.

Noa

First Grade
Congrats Broncos, you got a game changer. Dont make any plans for early October for the next couple of years at least. Gillet and Inglis a has the chance to be the most lethal attacking pair that the game will ever see.