What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GI to the Broncos

some11

Referee
kanye.jpg

Last edited:

lockyrulz

Juniors
You mean like what the Warriros did after the Bulldogs saga and what the Storm did after both?

LOZ I can't believe a f**king goosters fan is crapping on about a team being over the cap...

Was your androtop ass club ever over the cap? f**ked if I know. Are the broncos? f**ked if you know.

LOZ I can't believe a f**king goosters fan is crapping on about a team being over the cap...

Was your androtop ass club ever over the cap? f**ked if I know. Are the broncos? f**ked if you know.

The club never rorted the cap and we never refused to open the books like the Broncos did.

Put the moonshine down.

STG-Dragon

Juniors
You're absolutely right, and this is yet another reason why Sydney should lose some teams.

The Storm still has had plenty of success with their youth policy, which they obviously draw from their Qld feeders and scouts, so they must be doing something right in that department...

Yeah they spend a tonne of News Limited's money signing up jnr Aussie and NZ rep team players. None of this is capped and no other team can match the money the spend.

lockyrulz

Juniors
The club never rorted the cap and we never refused to open the books like the Broncos did.

Put the moonshine down.

LOLZZZZ Open the books??? How f**king dense are you? You think a club that rorts the salary cap puts that in its official records do you hahahahaha..

You have nfi, no one in this thread does, just pure speculation and bullsh*t. Same as your deadsh*t club went through everytime you signed someone.

And I am perfectly sure Ian has checked out the broncos offical ledgers from time to time champ.

Moffo

Referee
LOLZZZZ Open the books??? How f**king dense are you? You think a club that rorts the salary cap puts that in its official records do you hahahahaha..

You have nfi, no one in this thread does, just pure speculation and bullsh*t. Same as your deadsh*t club went through everytime you signed someone.

And I am perfectly sure Ian has checked out the broncos offical ledgers from time to time champ.

celery_hat-p148734876384033967qz14_400.jpg

Jason Maher

Immortal
LMFAO. So now negotiating = lack of integrity? I guess you think Brisbane should have just told GI at their first meeting the most they were able to pay?

It's amazing the lengths some will go to in order to rationalise their hate. The tin foil brigade out in force I see.

Negotiating is a lack of integrity when you state publicly that you won't negotiate any further, that you've made your final offer. A bit like John Howard and his "never ever" GST.

I hate the Broncos for coming damned close to destroying the game I love in a bid for more money and power.

As for the NRL investigating the Broncos, it would only ever be for show. The NRL would never dare slap a penalty on them like they did Melbourne or Canterbury, as they know they'd just piss off and start their own rival comp.

SET2JT

Juniors
I always knew he would end up at the Broncos. Its just funny how he was one of the players in the middle of the Storm cap breach, and now he has gone to another News ltd owned club.
I guess at least he can now take his boat out and do some decent fishing in Qld.

Last edited:

gUt

Coach
You guys should definitely call the NRL and let them know you've uncovered another salary cap scandal!

some11

Referee
■ Total value $620,000
■ Storm subsidy $40,000
■ Brisbane base offer $400,000
■ Marquee-player payments $180,000

consisting of:

■ FOGS $30,000
■ Channel Nine $40,000
■ Audi $15,000
■ NRMA undisclosed amount

DETAILS

● Any disparity between Inglis's salary at Brisbane and the $620,000 he earned at the Storm must be covered by Melbourne, according to NRL rules.
● Melbourne are paying $40,000 a year towards Inglis's salary over his two-year deal. That figure is being entered in their second-tier salary cap.
● Brisbane's base offer of $400,000 will be included in their $4.2m salary cap for each of seasons 2011 and 2012.
● The marquee-player payments are included under a separate cap for club sponsor third-party deals. No club can spend more than $300,000 on these payments.
● Inglis could even earn more money through non-club sponsor deals that can be arranged by his manager. Such deals must be for services rendered and must be approved by NRL salary cap auditor Ian Schubert.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-with-580000-moneygoround-20100810-11y5y.html

Nightward

Juniors
I really, seriously hope this is hyperbole. The Broncos do not need Inglis, and if he (or worse, Ricky Stuart) join the club I will be seriously considering cancelling my membership. We can do better, and we have more than enough emerging talent- if we sign him, we can kiss some or all of the following goodbye come the end of his current Melbourne contract: Matt Gillett, Corey Norman, Josh Hoffman, Ben Te'o, Jarahl Yow Yeh.

Bugger that. I'd stick with the team we've got.

Latest posts