What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Giants and Nathan Brown

boxa777

Coach
Tactically good. Great at bringing young players thru. Biggest issue I think is his ability to get the team mentally right at the big games.

Top bloke, wish him success and to come back a better coach.

The Dodger

First Grade
i was originally hoping brown would come over to the sharks as assitant coach.

him and sticky would do wonders together i reckon.

j0nesy

Bench
I agree, Brown improved our roster, but he couldn't make it deliver.

Even this year - our squad was the equal of Manly, and far better than the Scum. And we had a fairly light injury toll, but only just fell into the 8 and went out 1st week.

I can defend his recruitment skills, but not his ability as a motivator and coach.

You see I would have to disagree there, I don't think our squad was as good as Manly's this season.'

Brown did ok with what he had at his disposal. But he choked, yes I used the 'c word', at the pointy end of the season.

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
it was a three battle for Brown with the west tigers, scum and saints, unfortunatly we won his services

You see I would have to disagree there, I don't think our squad was as good as Manly's this season.'

Brown did ok with what he had at his disposal. But he choked, yes I used the 'c word', at the pointy end of the season.

I was basing the strength of our squad as opposed to say Manly, in terms of the quality players we had: Gasnier, Cooper, Ryles, Hornby, Creagh, Young, and with developing talent like Soward, Poore, Nightingale and the Morrises, that's a pretty fair lineup.

As opposed to Manly, who really only have Stewart, Orford, Menzies, Lyon, Watmough and Kite as their established stars and a bit of an even bunch of players like Bell, Matai, Glen Stewart and others below that.

Line our team up man for man against the players the Scum used this year and you will see the point I'm trying to make. We had the players, but the coaching let us down.

Smithtown

Coach
He'll go well at Huddersfield, and if he can get the best out of Carney then the Giants will do very well.

The irony of Brown is that he has brought some of the most conservative play to Saints in many years - in attack they have bordered on catatonic at times - yet he will long be remembered for the ridiculous attacking 'punt' on Rogers over Soward.

Bizarre.

This Year?

Immortal
If Brownie can come up with a plan B and not experiment with team lineups I think he'll go well.

Fartowner

Juniors
Thanks for all your contributions, its been very interesting. l am going to Oz to watch the World Cup for the first time, and l,m really looking forward to it, l especially want to visit as many clubs as l can.
Just one more question, and l don,t want to cause any eruptions on here, but who are the "scum", l don,t want to upset anyone while l,m out there, l understand if you cannot write the name, the initials should do. Thanks again.

Dave Q

Coach
One thing he didnt get in the past few seasons is the patience of the fans.

This year he turned around some serious losses and the Saints looked bound for a top 4.

Then as Willow said, he made the selection blunder of the year and cruelled the Saints chances. Soward was the key player, a kid could have determined that. But Browny left him out.

He also wears his heart on his sleeve a bit too much for my liking.

I rate Folkes as a better coach, but I have no doubts that Brown will give it all he has and then some more.

On a personal level, I hear he is a pretty nice guy, but Ive never met him.

watatank

Coach
Thanks for all your contributions, its been very interesting. l am going to Oz to watch the World Cup for the first time, and l,m really looking forward to it, l especially want to visit as many clubs as l can.
Just one more question, and l don,t want to cause any eruptions on here, but who are the "scum", l don,t want to upset anyone while l,m out there, l understand if you cannot write the name, the initials should do. Thanks again.

Refers to the Cronulla Sharks, St George's bitter cross town rivals.