What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gidley to captain the Blues?

lockyno1

Post Whore
Stewart is the only NSW FB that can be considered better than Gids and even that is an each way bet.

Please name another NSW fullback that has a better level of game right now?

Minichello if fit will be the best fullback in NSW by the length of the Flemmington straight

aqua_duck

Coach
We have a winner! He's at best, 3rd best fullback. And a waste of space as a utility. I wouldn't pick him. I'm not sure too many non Knights fans would actually...
3rd hey, so Mini is the best?
The count needs to get on the field 1st before he can be in contention

Pierced Soul

First Grade
how is farrah seen as a good captain? he's captained the tigers as fulltime captain what? once?

ennis is better than farrah anyway *awaits the farrah lovers*

Eels Dude

Coach
The side isnt picked in round 1. When it is, Minchiello will be the only sensible choice.

If he can stay on the field until then...

Minichiello. The bloke's lost his mantle as number one fullback with all his injuries. It's not his fault, but it's the way it is.

Pass the Ball

Juniors
This thread just shows how sad the state-of-affairs are in NSW rugby league ATM...

Fancy little Kirt Gidley being considered for NSW captain...

**Sits here shaking head**

Call off origin FFS...

abrichta

Juniors
As much as I rate Gidley as a great player he doesn't really compare as an all round fullback like a Stewart or Mini (fit).

Stewart was close to NSW best player in the first games. God knows why Bellamy swapped them for game 3... it didn't work.

Stewart was picked as a fullback for Australia along with Slater, but pulled out cos of injury.

Gidley will not be fullback, I have no idea why he would be picked there when there are better fullbacks out there, and because Gidley is invaluable as a utility.

What I still cant understand, is why everyone is getting their rocks off over Sutton. The guys played one good game in god knows how long

how is farrah seen as a good captain? he's captained the tigers as fulltime captain what? once?

ennis is better than farrah anyway *awaits the farrah lovers*

Ennis is an out and out grub.

A captain needs to be closer to the play, Gidley at fullback (provided he even plays) is too far from it, and how long has Gidley captained for???

Eels Dude

Coach
What I still cant understand, is why everyone is getting their rocks off over Sutton. The guys played one good game in god knows how long

He finished last season well also. He was being talked up as an Origin player before the season started. Having a 5'8th who can kick and pass, and double up as a ball playing backrower is a strength to any side. If he continue his current form for the next couple of months he'll be a shoe in somewhere in the side.