What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gilchrist retires

dice

Juniors
TheParraboy said:
Ill miss him, hope he can play ODI's for another 12mths

Gilly was interviewed earlier in the day about nothing specific. Gilly's comments about T20 were interesting as it seems his sole love for Test cricket has recently been compromised by his lu$t for T20.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Haddin will open in ODI and be the wicketkeeper

he has ODI experience and has done well, one of the form players in our recent tour to india

MSKnight

Juniors
Feel for Gilchrist, so many have been criticising him for dropping sitters of late and the pressure of the media.

How will it be the hardest thing for the ODI's?

Brad Haddin is a genuine clean hitting batsmen! I have no doubt either he or Michael Clarke will fill the opening roll.

TheParraboy

Staff member
lockyno1 said:
He as less than 5 years, Ronchi and Paine have over 10 years left. I'd rather go for the long term option!

so what,

id rather go for the best candidate

lockyno1

Post Whore
TheParraboy said:
Haddin will open in ODI and be the wicketkeeper

he has ODI experience and has done well, one of the form players in our recent tour to india

Haddin isn't a opener, he is a perfect no4/5 though. Sunshine will probally get the gig.

blain

Juniors
who was the last wicket keeper to play a test for oz other than gilly?

great career.

Y2Eel

First Grade
lockyno1 said:
He as less than 5 years, Ronchi and Paine have over 10 years left. I'd rather go for the long term option!

Ronchi and Payne are crap may aswell play the Under 19's Keeper if your looking for long term option...

TheParraboy

Staff member
dice said:
Gilly was interviewed earlier in the day about nothing specific. Gilly's comments about T20 were interesting as it seems his sole love for Test cricket has recently been compromised by his lu$t for T20.

wouldnt be surprised if he retires from ODI after the tri series, and commits to a couple of years playing in the indian 20/20 comp, big money for a couple of months work per year

Johns Magic

Referee
lockyno1 said:

I bet you were upset when they first picked Hussey too.

MSKnight

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
Not really but we are talking different positions here. We need a long term keeper!

5 Years is a long time really! Cmon mate, clearly its Haddin in front of all.