What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Go ahead!...ask us anything!

Infuzer

Juniors
Good stuff!
It's great to see a thread of this nature on a sports forum. I've read the entire thing and loved every question and answer. Some bloody good links given in this thread also.
Rippa!
embeer.gif

Bronco,
Thanks for taking the time to write a detailed reply.
The best solution is to start windows up with your windows 98 disk they one you use for installing it and reformatting etc.
That's the problem mate. He does not have a Windows98 start up disk. He says it came with his computer when he purchased it. Or put another way, Windows 98 was already loaded into the computer's hard drive when purchased. All he did wasplug it all together, start it up, register his name on a few programes like virus programesand whatnot, and he was on his way.He does remember the W98 disk that came as an additionwith the acessories, but seeings there's been over three years lost since he purchased it, he cannot find the disk. He's checked everywhere.
I know (and have been told by some others) that if he can get his hands on the Windows98 programe on disk,it'll probably get him out of the hole. But he just doesn't have it.
Any ideas (anyone)where the Windows 98 programe can be purchased on diskfrom? Is it infact actually still available?
He's just a joung kid in schoolI'm trying to help out. I really didn't want to get involved, but he's a bit of a loner....and I have a heart for those types of kids.
I'll do what I can....I promised myself.
Infuzer,
Can you email me the details of the joint that helped your mate out in the similar problem? My email address is found under my forum username above this post. Just click onto it.

Thanks all for your help gents. :)
Cheers/Aaron C

O

ozbash

just watching the war and this U.S soldier was talking about his "grunts"going forward...

what is a "grunt"?

j.rico will know.............

L

legend

Infantry are known as grunts. We used to call them foot sloggers. Different areas of the military have different status' and the infantry is generally regarded as the bottom rung.

El Duque

Bench
I used to have a good free pop up killer, but it died in the arse and no longer exists.

Anyone know any links to some good free ones that don't stuff everything up?

I think the startup Windows98 disk is the key here mate. I'll try and track one down. I'm sure I'll be able to hunt one on the internet. I know a couple of small computer and electronics repair joints close to home so I'll give them a try too.
Thanks for all your help bronco. I appreciate it mate
embeer.gif
You're a gentleman.
Cheers mate/Aaron C

Navigator

Juniors
What is the very best method for protecting yourself when surfing on the internet?
I'm often told that you leave "traces" whenever you visit different web addresses, and thatdifferent people from government agencies to hackers to even webmastersknow who visit and how often they visit. I've also heard that visiting certain web addresses (not just adult material URL's) increase your computers ability for spams and popups. I don't want"strangers" to know where I've been or what I'm window shopping for.
A free download programme would be the best.
Appreciated.

V

Vertigo

Excellent question, Navigator.
Another member here (Grubrunner)started a thread a few months back now,that you'll find addressess your question. The thread is titled Internet Security and the opening post is the one you'll find usefull.
V.

Infuzer

Juniors
How can you track someones location through an email they send you?
I have two people who continue to send me crap in my Hotmail Account. One of em is using a Hotmail Account and the other is using an MSN Account. I've sent these goons countless replies to stop sending me emails and try to get me to by their crap, but they don't listen or respond.
I've got a feeling one (orit's probobably the same person with different email addys)is a mate overseas playing sick jokes. How canI tell if he signed up for a Hotmail Account from overseas or inAustralia? I want to nail this arse wipe.

O

ozbash

navigater, we were maliciously hacked a couple of years ago and shit, they did some damage to files etc.its actually a big bussiness with AOL being right up there as far as hacking goes.
we were recomended a free product called ZONE ALARM which blocks people getting into your computer.these products are also called firewalls.
it counts the number of times your p/c is entered and in 24 hours its quite amazing.

www.zonealarm.com

or
www.zonelabs.com

there are others available but we find zonealarm does everything we want.

Navigator

Juniors
Thanks for your help ozbash.
But it says that I have to buy the soft ware for Zonealarm from the link you provided, but you mentioned it was free. Why is this so? Has it had a price attached since you downloaded it?
<table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width="100%" border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td valign=top colspan=2></td></tr> <tr> <td valign=top colspan=2> </td></tr> <tr> <td valign=top colspan=2> </td></tr> <tr> <td valign=top width=108> </td> <td valign=top width="100%"> <table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width="100%" border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td> </td></tr> <tr> <td> </td></tr> <tr> <td>
zapmodule_available.gif
</td></tr> <tr> <td> <table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 width="1%" border=0> <tbody> <tr> <td width=11>
zapmodule_flagTextureLeft_new.gif
</td> <td width=14> </td> <td width=4>
zapmodule_flagSpacer_new.gif
</td> <td width=15> </td> <td width=4>
</td> <td width=14> </td> <td width=4>
</td> <td width=14> </td> <td width=26>
zapmodule_flagTextureRight_new.gif
</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr> <tr> <td></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>