What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Go McGregor & Go The Board for giving him a two year extension

Uncle Max

Juniors
Everything you say is right , but like I said before and at the start of the season , its going to be a long season . Not disappointed as I expected it , The Boys Club are all a joke ....

I hear you Hazzbeen, however I am watching the Manly v Cronulla game and the Seagulls are all over the Shonkies and playing like a top 4 team. But wait the Seagulls have big name player injuries (like us) and have a bunch of no names that are playing the house down!

Commitment, steel, strength, a plan and perfectly coached, everything we are not, but hey thats Des he is a class coach!

What makes it worse is I hate the Seagulls, but I wish we had Des or even Tooves coaching us!

To top it off we play the Sharks next week who will be seething after a loss and who get some big name players back next week! Happy days, i am sure we will have a great game plan and the steel to win!

Yeah right, not with our current coaching staff!

Dorsai

Juniors
McIdiot never fails to keep the mediocrity and pathetic game play coming. This team, last every other week, went out with little idea, no attacking plan, and a brittle defence in almost every area.
It’s like he sets the team up each week to fail. I am appalled that a business entity continues with such ineptitude. My only thought is that they know the team he has is just as bad, and seriously,if Barrett comes on board, I am done.
I have said before, it’s no coincidence that an actual coaches first act in the role was to sack this idiot. How he weaseled his way back is anyone’s guess.
He is not park coach material. Neither are his offsiders. And definitely neither is Barrett. Manly’s Current position on the ladder as opposed to when he was in charge should tell you that.
I can only assume from the current board stupidity is that they are wanting the team and franchise to fail. Why? Who knows, but the resigning of McIdiot says nothing else.
The team has potential and the players McIdiot keeps shifting on are excelling elsewhere. No surprise.
I would rather see a wooden spoon this year if it meant McIdiot was turfed and a real coach was appointed.
As a Dragons supporter, I cannot accept this rubbish we are dealt each week any longer.

Dragon for life

Juniors
Worst team in the comp coached by the worst coach in the world
2 games by a point
1 by 2 points
And we beat the dogs which Brighton seagulls could do
Should be on 2 points
f**ken pathetic is putting it kindly
Go f**k yourselves saints
Don’t agree with the worst team in the comp!! In the right hands they could be a premiership force.... just clearly not in the right hands.

For this ONCE GREAT Club to SURVIVE we need to Grow up from the Inside.
The ONLY SUCCESS we have had in the Last 20yrs has come from an Outsider.

And still couldn't resign him.
I am at a loss of WHY THIS SHIT KEEPS HAPPENING.

Dragon David

First Grade
Worst team in the comp coached by the worst coach in the world
2 games by a point
1 by 2 points
And we beat the dogs which Brighton seagulls could do
Should be on 2 points
f**ken pathetic is putting it kindly
Go f**k yourselves saints

Latemail

I'm in total agreement with this. The guys we have playing, coaching and running the club are absolutely pathetic and a waste of space. Our wins except for the big win against the bulldogs were lucky and yes, without those close wins we would only be on 2 points.

We had plenty of time to sign up Des Hasler last year, who definitely knows how to coach. Look at how Manly are playing and they have been winning without Cherry Evans and Turbo. The management should have bitten the bullet and paid out McGregor before the start of 2019 but oh no lets keep him and then sign him up for another two more years so that we can continue in the same way as for previous years. We just don't seem to have much luck do we?

What's happened to our defence? What attacking moves have we been working on? What game management plans do we now have in place? Where is our pride? What is our mindset?

Hopefully things will change when we get Corey Norman and Korbin Simms back - although initially they will be tentative in their play after suffering the breaks to cheekbone and arm respectively.

Crush

Coach
Yes we will finish in the bottom 4. SGI are no longer in debt and both of our owners, WIN TV and St George leagues Club, have the resources to payout Mary. I'm tipping he will be sacked sooner rather than later maybe before June 30 so that the new coach will have some control over the players to be recruited.
You are tipping he will be sacked maybe before June 30th.
Are you for real when you say stuff like this?
Can you imagine them re-signing him then sacking him 8-10 weeks later?
Has that ever been done anywhere before?
They would look like a bunch of idiots if they did that.
The idiots have made their beds and will now lie in them for at least another year if not 2.

hazzbeen

Bench
The idiots have made their beds and will now lie in them for at least another year if not 2.
Yep this .....

Hmmm.
What's the term - Cluster F*#K.

Jason Demetriou is a must

I'd ask nicely but the St.George Illawarra coaching staff are DELIBERATELY deaf dumb and blind.
To said management...

My season is over. I will not be sinking another cent into the club until Paul McGregor has gone.
I guess that's another two and one half years.
Your actions are clear for all the world to see.
It is YOU who make constant mistakes.
It is YOU who have chosen this path of failure.
On paper the team looks fine - But it is YOU who have chosen this coaching program.
If YOU love the Dragons and are firm in their (YOUR) beliefs = YOU will stand down immediately because it is your (in) abilities which are failing our community - REGULARLY

In a results driven world - The results are clear - and with YOUR hand we are failures - with a poorly coached side.

Which ever way YOU want to spin it - This is now on YOU.
Trust me, McGregor is not finished with the excuses by a long way.
Threw the coaching staff under the bus today but maintained that his game plan was not followed and that the preparation was superb.

Forster Dragon

Juniors
They are idiots for re-signing him early

epDragon62

First Grade
But, it is courageous and wise to admit the mistake and act on it!

be55

Juniors
For a long time i have always been someone who believes that it is the players responsibility for what they produce on the football field and that sometimes the coach can cop a lot of heat that should really be directed at the players
Over the last year and a half i have changed my mind on that.
What i have come to realise is that our coach is incapable of putting together a game plan and a structure that even when things aren't going to plan we can fall back on to get us through games and come out the other side when confidence is down
Going back too the start of last season i remember Mcgregor saying that our game plan would be a forwards based one whereby he probably meant dominating the middle of the field, pushing over the advantage line with momentum and then playing off the back of that with offloads and second phase play.
Looking back last year when we came out of the blocks firing when confidence was high we looked like world beaters. This game plan was working and then opposition teams and coaches (i think the storm and Bellamy were first) realised that if they could blunt our go forward through the middle with line speed in defence and numbers in the tackle that we really didn't have a back up plan or even different structures to combat this and find other ways to win games.
Even at our best early last year our wins were coming from great go forward and second phase play with offloads not discipline and structure in attack and defence like the great sides like the storm,roosters and bunnies are built on.As soon as we stopped dominating in the forwards the offloads stopped the confidence dropped and look what happened.
Take the storm for example, the reason why the take average players from other clubs and get the best out of them is that the coach makes it easy for them.The Storm have a structure that these players just slip in to. Bellamey gives these players a role to fulfil, makes it clear what is expected of them, and players go out their and do it.The storm have a structure that they play to,everybody knows their role it is just a matter of going out their and getting it done.They very rarely look lost on the field even when they aren't completely dominating the game
When this forwards based game plan that Mary has put together isn't working we look like headless chickens running around with no structure, no game plan, NO IDEA.
Even at our best last year we were winning games off the back of us dominating through the middle with second phase play through offloads to score our points not structure and discipline in attack like most teams base their game plan on.
I guess what i am trying to say is that i think we need a new game plan.One that is not based on us dominating one particular area of the game. A new game plan that will work for us and get us through games when our confidence isn't all that high,when the momentum of the game is swinging from team to team and not running in one direction.We need a new structure and discipline to our game plan.
I think i have come to the realisation that what we really need is a new coach

Latest posts