What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

gold coast consortium

curry

Juniors
killaz are what oprimary school ag kids overwhelmingly want

think killers in nz kingz writing

hip slang

Eelectrica

Referee
dimitri said:
i like the sting rays
So do I, but think there is still a gridiron team based on the Gold Coast called the Stingrays and they might like to be in the NRL one day too.

curry said:
anotrher name i neglected to mention in consideration [highly] is the 'gold coast cyclones'

we were given a list of the most popular entries so far from the consortium on behalf of the public to research and cross analyze the names, for instance- gold coast killaz is considered a joke by some, but it was very popular with the younger kids.....now if killaz was an overwhelming winner, due to a high kids vote or something, we would then cross analyze its broader appeal, using statistical methods.

killaz is good for this example because you either love the name or hate it, which is not good as it could cause a rift in the public support. we wnt a name all league fans, and coast fans, can enjoy and swear allegiance by.

Gold Coast Cyclones, or coastal cyclones.

i like that name, dont be surprised if thats the new name.

gryphons will never be considered

The name should be Gold Coast [whatevers], no "Coastal" rubbish. Town/City/Region name, then mascot.

Of course, I don't think you're who you say you are anyway.

griff

Bench
Man_of_Steel_1982 said:
The name should be Gold Coast [whatevers], no "Coastal" rubbish. Town/City/Region name, then mascot.

Of course, I don't think you're who you say you are anyway.

All teams should have the geographical name of the place they are from in them. The new A-league soccer actually made this a requirement. The Sharks went back to Cronulla, now all we need is The Bulldogs to start calling themselves Canterbury again. Coastal just sounds ridiculous.

I don't think he is who he says he is either. I would hope a marketing manager would have a grasp of english at a high school level and be able to use an apostrophe correctly. Although if it is the same marketing firm that they had through the Dolphins debacle it wouldn't surprise me.

In fact the marketing firm they used for that are mainly a crap tele-marketing firm who try to do a little bit of other work as well. Not much of a contest between them and John Singleton about who knows the most about how to market a footy team.

BTW I like the name Cyclones.

Lego_Man

First Grade
If Gold Coast get the franchise and are indeed named the Gold Coast Gremlins, then i will volunteer to be digitally penetrated by Hoppa.

Striker

Juniors
I like

Gold Coast Crocodiles
Gold Coast Force
Gold Coast Devils
Gold Coast Redbacks
Gold Coast Stallions

Striker

Juniors
Striker said:
I like

Gold Coast Crocodiles
Gold Coast Force
Gold Coast Devils
Gold Coast Redbacks
Gold Coast Stallions

Oops... didn't realise the new perth union side was going to be called the force!