What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Golden Point.........again

Should Golden Point Stay

• YES - Entertaining

Votes: 29 46.0%
  • NO - Fulltime = shared points.

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • How about that goal kicking idea

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • There is a better to determine winner.

Votes: 5 7.9%

• Total voters

Mr Saab

Referee
Go outside and count how many times the crickets churp.
If there are none, then get a torch, attach to a hat and cut the grass with a pair of scissors.

Nominee for most pathetic thread of 2006!!!!!!!!!

mxlegend99

Referee
I'd prefer a draw over Golden Point in the regular season. Games like Origin should be decided though... but not by the first to get points. Should slap an extra 10 mins on to make it fair... the first to be within field goal range is a sh*t way to determine a game that was tied after 80mins.

Raider_69

Post Whore
thickos said:
We've never lost (4/4). So yes, of course I like it :D

strangely enough, im with you... I LOVE GP!
id be more confident going into a GP game against the invincibles in their prime then i would be up against souths in a ordinary match!

Utey

Coach
iam all for golden try, but to win after a field goal doesnt seem right, not in extra time anyways.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I like it in theory but I don't like the way it currently is played. I think it should be golden try. (similar to the e-mail on the Sunday Roast last week). A try in golden point would end the game. Field goals and penaltys are fine but would not end the game. I like it that way a bit.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
<UPtheEELS> said:
iam all for golden try, but to win after a field goal doesnt seem right, not in extra time anyways.

Why? Why not just ban field goals altogether in normal time too? If you can work for the field position and the other teams defence is poor, or if you make an error... it's no different than normal time, just more urgency to put points on. If you're stupid enough to put your team in the position of a penalty right in front you deserve to bloody well lose.

Sydney said:
I like it in theory but I don't like the way it currently is played. I think it should be golden try. (similar to the e-mail on the Sunday Roast last week). A try in golden point would end the game. Field goals and penaltys are fine but would not end the game. I like it that way a bit.

Yeah OK.

Bulldogs v Warriors: 18-all fulltime.
Warriors get two penalty goals, and a field goal.
Bulldogs score one try, which they don't have the ability to convert.

Who wins?

](*,)

simon says

First Grade
The team that scored the try would win......

I loved that email on roast and agree with it wholeheartedly....it should be ten minutes extra time that ends if a try is scored.

Losing in extra time by a fg is just wrong IMo and not worthy a finish of such a tight game IMO.

PS....I didnt think this thread was too bad,and it has sparked a debate of
sorts.

yobbo84

Coach
Considering my team has played 5 golden point games, of which 3 were drawn at the end anyway, it does seem pretty pointless. It's also harsh to lose points after busting your gut for 80 mins.

What about changing premiership points? Now every game has to have the same amount of points up for grabs, and seeing as it's not possible with 2 points, why not:

Win - 4 Points
Win in Golden Point - 3 Points
Draw - 2 Points
Loss in Golden Point - 1 Point
Loss - 0 Points

Makes sense, yes?