What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Golden Point.........again

Should Golden Point Stay

• YES - Entertaining

Votes: 29 46.0%
  • NO - Fulltime = shared points.

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • How about that goal kicking idea

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • There is a better to determine winner.

Votes: 5 7.9%

• Total voters

ledzep

Bench
for club games - just draws
finals - golden point, but make it a try or goal rather than a field goal

Greenblooded

Juniors
I hate it, nothing worse than watching 2 teams slug it out for a draw over 80 minutes, then have a field goal lottery and one team leave with nothing. Thats fine for the finals when you need a result but not in club games.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
7-5 to keep it. I say keep it, it raises the bar, makes the players work harder, brilliant footy to watch.

Biglance

Bench
i like the golden point mainly cause my team hasnt been in one but its good for the fans and unless ur a cronulla supporter (flegg gf) field goals make it good

Stranger

Coach
How good was the setting of the Broncoes Knights match in golden point. It was priceless. The when Kiddley slammed over the worst field goal in rugby league it was great. Just fantastic keep it, it increases atmosopher and it helps with my tips because there hardly is a draw anymore.

SP

Bench
it doesnt really matter, if the scores are still level after the GP it its a draw anyway

LeagueNut

First Grade
Keep it, for all the reasons already mentioned.

I would like to try one modification though ... after the 80-minute siren goes off, just keep playing without any breaks. No coin-toss, no restart from halfway, just keep the play going exactly as it was. In a drawn game the last two or three minutes (or longer) are basically played as though it was golden point anyway, so it's not going to advantage any team one way or the other.

lazza

Juniors
only thing i would think is dumb is if in a playoff game, you play 10 mins, the stop, swap and then play indefinitely until someone scores

although its never happend before.. what happens if the wind is a factor?

ie somehow the team running against the wind holds out, then has an advantage for the rest of the game.

I think it should be 10 mins with a 1 min break/swap and keep doing it until someone scores.

WT2004

Juniors
Nah get rid of it they had no idea what the f*&k they were doing in the WT vs South game. Draw is better because it actually mite make it a closer competition and more teams maybe fighting for the a position in the 8th, even more so that the competition may possibly be more even next yr. Thats my opinion