What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Golden Point.........again

Should Golden Point Stay

• YES - Entertaining

Votes: 29 46.0%
  • NO - Fulltime = shared points.

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • How about that goal kicking idea

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • There is a better to determine winner.

Votes: 5 7.9%

• Total voters

Raider_69

Post Whore
Timmah, dont be stupid all ya life mate, no team would be moronic enough to take 2 shots at goal and a feild goal in a golden try situation, they would kick for touch off the penalties and go for the try

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Theoretically it could still happen though raiduh, and a team at the end of the season might just be dumb enough. Imagine talking to a mate the next day - my team won 24-25!

:lol:

Raider_69

Post Whore
Timmah said:
Theoretically it could still happen though raiduh, and a team at the end of the season might just be dumb enough. Imagine talking to a mate the next day - my team won 24-25!

:lol:

then said team deserve to lose for stupidity

Timmah

Staff member
Lose by winning by a point? :lol:

Now I've heard it all.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Timmah said:
Lose by winning by a point? :lol:

Now I've heard it all.

if your team is stupid enough to waste oppertunities kicking for goal and field goals in a golden try situation then i dont care if they lose a game 1 point ahead on the score board or 50
they deserve to lose, stupidity is rewards in union and afl, not league

Lancelot Link

Juniors
Phillips said:
piss golden point off, theres nothing wrong with a draw

^^^

What he said.

And this from a supporter of a team (Bulldogs) that has only ever been in 1 GP game...and won it!

I was neutral on the GP when it first came in - 'why not give anything a go?' was my attitude. But now that it's been in for a while, I can't see the point of it. It adds nothing to the game - it's just a bloody field goal-a-thon most of the time! What's so exciting about that? if I wanted to see that sh*t I'd go watch bloody Rugby Yawnion!!!

Nothin' wrong with a draw...How often dos it happen anyway? Hardly ever.

P*ss it off.

Mr Saab

Referee
Lancelot Link said:
And this from a supporter of a team (Bulldogs) that has only ever been in 1 GP game...and won it!

Two games.
The dogs drew with the rabbits in 2005 after 10 mins of GP

Lancelot Link

Juniors
Mr Saab said:
Two games.
The dogs drew with the rabbits in 2005 after 10 mins of GP

Oh yes. Of course! The only bloody point we got off u last year too! How could I forget? :crazy:

My mistake...still a stupid-ass concept though if you ask me...

Mr Saab

Referee
Lancelot Link said:
Oh yes. Of course! The only bloody point we got off u last year too! How could I forget? :crazy:

who is "you"?
I am not a souths supporter

thickos

First Grade
I like golden point the way it is but I have no dramas seeing the losing side get one point, just like they would if it was a draw in the olden days. Kinda like 'overtime loss' in the American NHL... gotta give a team credit for getting to the 80 min mark level with the other team.

Lancelot Link

Juniors
Mr Saab said:
who is "you"?
I am not a souths supporter

Just assumed - for some reason I just took it that your username Mr. Saab was related to ex-Souths player Charlie Saab.

And that only really a Bulldogs or Souths fan would remember that game so quickly - and although I'm only relatively new and haven't visited here that much - I've never seen you post in the Bulldogs sections. So I just assumed.....wrongly. Put 2 and 2 together and somewhow got 76 it would seem! :sarcasm:

I'm sorry - I'll never call you a Souths fan again if it pains you that much, I swear!! ;-)

lockyno1

Post Whore
Timmah (Dodge), the try would end the game as simply as that. Hence the name "golden try". It rewards attacking play. If at the end of Golden point there are no tries then it would go down to field goals and penalty goals.

Lancelot Link

Juniors
Mr Saab said:
Broncos fan.
I remember most games, broncos related or not.

Broncos eh? Fair enough. I have a bet going with a Broncos supporting mate of mine that you wouldn't make the top 6 this season. a month ago, he was telling me "May as well just pay up now eh, mate? - HAHA!" - but he's starting to look decidedly green about the gills whenever I bring this bet up to him now! :lol:

And I have a memory like a sieve...can hardly even remember what I had for breakfast this morning!

Timmah

Staff member
lockyno1 said:
Timmah (Dodge), the try would end the game as simply as that. Hence the name "golden try". It rewards attacking play. If at the end of Golden point there are no tries then it would go down to field goals and penalty goals.

:|

That's dumb if I ever saw it.

What everyone else said is better. Even if the opposition have kicked enough goals or FG's to be in front - a try wins the match. Hence 24-25 or 24-28 is still a win if it's 20-20 at fulltime, even though on a normal scoreboard you'd lose.

Timmah

Staff member
lockyno1 said:

:|

That's dumb if I ever saw it.

What everyone else said is better. Even if the opposition have kicked enough goals or FG's to be in front - a try wins the match. Hence 24-25 or 24-28 is still a win if it's 20-20 at fulltime, even though on a normal scoreboard you'd lose.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Timmah, did you see the Sunday Roast last week? It is the one they talked about from a e-mail they got. It rewards positive play- scoring tries. If I want to see a kickathon I would watch Union! The try is the matchwinner!