What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Golden Point.........again

Should Golden Point Stay

• YES - Entertaining

Votes: 29 46.0%
  • NO - Fulltime = shared points.

Votes: 26 41.3%
  • How about that goal kicking idea

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • There is a better to determine winner.

Votes: 5 7.9%

• Total voters

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
AuckMel said:
pepstar87 said:
Do you actually hate 'Golden Point' or do you just hate it because you have always lost in extra time?

The Warriors beat Souths in extra time last year.

The way Souths played that day, they deserved a point.
Not to mention the semifinal against Canberra. (although we all know that we need golden point in finals)

Pantherjim.

Referee
salivor said:
Godz Illa said:
Yes you're a fool. Excitement like that is good for the game of rugby league, the golden point is good for the game of rugby league.

I really don't buy the excitement arguement. Slam dunks can also be very exciting in basketball, so should we put hoops on the cross bar and award points for slam dunks? Afterall it's exciting and thats good for the game of rugby league :roll: .

:lol: :lol: :lol: :clap:

Better still, If the game does go into "Golden point" Why don't we change the shape of the ball, allow the players to bounce it more, allow knock-on's (as long as the ball is re-gathrered) allow forward passes, and have the ground announcer start chanting "Defence! Cha Cha Cha! Defence! Cha Cha Cha!" like some wanker! :lol: Maybe that should quell the hunger for "more excitement"! :roll:

Pantherjim.

Campbell,P-4040201L.jpg

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Warriors fans are just pissed off because they have lost 3 times in Golden Point. Do you actually hate 'Golden Point' or do you just hate it because you have always lost in extra time?

Don't generalise.

carlnz

Bench
It just seams to me that fans whos teams that have been wining are in favour of the golden point....and teams losing not!!

All i can say whats the point of having it if teams still get draws? (souths vs Cowboys)

I rather extra time then golden point...that way you get more action in stead of a drop goal...teams will go for tries!

salivor

First Grade
IanRitchie said:
A field goal isn't as damn boring as everyone treats it...

Thats why Rugby Union is a thrill a minute :roll: .
The good thing about league is that it is focussed around scoring tries in order to win, we don't have teams get outscored 3-1 on tries and still manage to win a game on kicks at goal (Congrats nonetheless to the AB's for showing what a great soccer side they are though).

AuckMel

Bench
SpaceMonkey said:
AuckMel said:
pepstar87 said:
Do you actually hate 'Golden Point' or do you just hate it because you have always lost in extra time?

The Warriors beat Souths in extra time last year.

The way Souths played that day, they deserved a point.

Not to mention the semifinal against Canberra. (although we all know that we need golden point in finals)

I thought that game was won in regulation time?

Iafeta

Referee
carlnz said:
It just seams to me that fans whos teams that have been wining are in favour of the golden point....and teams losing not!!

All i can say whats the point of having it if teams still get draws? (souths vs Cowboys)

I rather extra time then golden point...that way you get more action in stead of a drop goal...teams will go for tries!

I've been against it since day 1, its like adding a max zone to test cricket or something - its just impure, especially for a regular season round robin where there's no need for it. I even went more against it after being at the ground watching my beloved Stacey Jones ram home one of the most terrific field goals of all time, as I say above, great for that second or two, rank when you see 5 year olds crying over it.

carlnz

Bench
How do the Sharky fans feel now? Play so hard and what to they get ZERO!!!!!

Beat ya the Broncos fans are happy :clap:

Special K

Coach
I'm a sharks fan. I still like golden point but I'd love to kill Tate :lol:

I'd rather lose like they did today then like they did against the dragons, souths, cowboys etc.

Kaz

junior
I hate the Golden Point.

But I am glad tonights game ended due to a try in extra time.

pcpp

Juniors
Well the Bronco's won the golden point match, but I still don't like it.

I'd still prefer extra time though - 2 set 5 or 10 minute periods. Try ends the match.

JoeysWheelchair

Juniors
Yeah golden point is crap, even though my team won. However, I was pleased the result was decided by a try and not a field goal, which is how it should be decided if draws aren't seen as an acceptable result anymore.