What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gordon Tallis - Top mate

nrlnrl

First Grade
People calling fittler biased...does anybody else hear Wally Lewis yelling 'go you good thing!!' Everytime a qld team scores?

Yes & both shouldn't be used in commentary after showing bias like that in commentary. I realise most of the commentators have some allegiance to a team or more than one that they played for, but it's just so unprofessional to speak like someone working for a club or a fan when working for a "neutral" tv or radio station.

I can understand it if they're working for "Roosters TV", "Dragons TV" or any other aligned to a particular club or team. However, any other time should result in them being banned when that team is involved.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Green and JT handled the presser with class. The interviewers just kept baiting them incessantly.

I sympathise with you, because I can't imagine the pain of three finals campaigns ending the way they have, but if the media didn't ask those questions, they'd lose their job or be given a stern warning that a repeat would mean dismissal. It might seem inappropriate, but that's what the media is for. The flip side of that is when a player has a brilliant game, he is asked questions about his performance & he receives praise. ( or when a team has a superb win, the group is praised and certain individuals are highlighted ).

The pity is that despite it being a great game, most will remember it for the controversy. The scrutiny of the media means games are reported very differently to how they were in the past. The multi camera tv coverage means good & bad things are seen or exposed. In the past when games were only shown with limited highlights from one camera, so much was overlooked because it wasn't as clear.

Last edited:

Canard

Immortal
I sympathise with you, because I can't imagine the pain of three finals campaigns ending the way they have, but if the media didn't ask those questions, they'd lose their job or be given a stern warning that a repeat would mean dismissal. It might seem inappropriate, but that's what the media is for, & despite it being a great game, most will remember it for the controversy.

It's a still a shit bloke act. Do bait someone into getting fined.

juanfarkall

Coach
Nein and it's callers have about as much credibility as Buzz, Bec and rest of the News Ltd grubs.
Tallis is just another mouthpiece for a media outlet which thinks that controversy is more valuable than quality.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Commentators jizzing over Jonathon Plod all night even though he only had 1 involvement in his team's 5 tries and stuffed up many times on the 5th tackle,by kicking into's Pearce' hands in the 72nd min when his team needed a repeat set,failing to pass to Morgan on the inside when in the open, multiple poor passes to outside backs that almost went to ground when the Roosters rushed up on him.

Awful commentating,Matt Scott,Ashton Sims etc etc were much better

Last edited:

goodplayer

Juniors
Fittler was clearly the worst interviewer tonight. Usual lack of intelligence and maturity and most of the time no one has any clue what the braindead merkin is talking about. Why doesn't the drunken bum go back to Glebe?

bitter cowboy fan by chance ? calm down . ;-)

Glen

Bench
Fittler has got to go. He is a complete embarrassment even without his Roosters bias. It's like having a child running free on the sideline with a microphone. The most ridiculous this this year has been him standing right near the goalkicker distracting them while they take sideline conversions

gregstar

Referee
it was embarrassing to watch. thurston should have brushed it until he could gather some more composure.

as it was credit to him for holding it together as well as he did considering the circumstance.

channel nine should pick their moments. this was not one of them.

Ulysseus

Bench
What do you expect of the bloke who chose to sit out 1996 because he couldn't get his own way?

As for post match interviews I think they are asking too many questions too soon after the buzzer.
Then again the ones at halftime shit me too.
However it has been going for 10 years now, I remember after the 2004 GF Matty Johns standing there with a dumb f**king grin on his face interviewing Fittler less than 2 minutes after his career had ended.

argy-bargy

Juniors
Can you imagine the field day Billy Birmingham would have with these knobs who are in the commbox these days? It would be slaughter.

beave

Coach
I know Ashton cops a lot of shit from opposition fans but geez he has played well this year and you could tell at the end interview he was hurting and extremely emotional. He would bleed for my club and all of us are eternally grateful for his input and passion for our club. I am more sad we are losing him than his hot head brother.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
I know Ashton cops a lot of shit from opposition fans but geez he has played well this year and you could tell at the end interview he was hurting and extremely emotional. He would bleed for my club and all of us are eternally grateful for his input and passion for our club. I am more sad we are losing him than his hot head brother.

Correct, a credit to him as he has done well this year.
Improved remarkably as a footballer of the years compared to the raw boned kid from Gerringong he was. Good luck to him, man.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Commentators jizzing over Jonathon Plod all night even though he only had 1 involvement in his team's 5 tries and stuffed up many times on the 5th tackle,by kicking into's Pearce' hands in the 72nd min when his team needed a repeat set,failing to pass to Morgan on the inside when in the open, multiple poor passes to outside backs that almost went to ground when the Roosters rushed up on him.

Awful commentating,Matt Scott,Ashton Sims etc etc were much better

Agreed.

The typical 9 kiss-arse-a-thon. Sing him praises, even when he's paying shithouse.

jargan83

Coach
I didn't see the interview until this morning because Channel 9 cut the telecast here in Oerth immediately after full time. Had to wait until this morning to see it on Fox Sports News. Tallis is a shit bloke, I assume some idiot sitting in a production van was feeding Tallis the questions but he didn't have to ask them. He was smiling as he was trying to bait JT.

The whole telecast from Channel 9 is shit and I'm not just singling out last night for that comment, they're always awful.