What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gower - claimed to be gooooooooone

Nuffy

Bench
2GB announcing that Gower is gone to French rugby from 2008.

Claiming a deal was done overnight.

JJ

Immortal
Seems to be a done deal - Radio Sport in NZ have talked about it briefly.

What is Elliot's plan? The performance in Auckland on Friday suggested spirit was gone, and leadership was sorely lacking

mxlegend99

Referee
Whoever let him go, great work. His time was clearly up, and it had to be done. It's sad that he isn't the same player he used to be, as the Gower from 03 and 04 would have won us a few games with his individual brilliance atleast.

I'm wondering what our team will look like next season. No Gower or Wallace. A halves combination that clearly didn't work. Do we just use our Premier League players? Buy a new half? Here's hoping it means Firman finally gets a shot.

Inferno

Coach
Australian Craig Gower will carry the colors of the Bayonne Oar at the time of the two next seasons.

The Bayonne Oar is definitely very active on the market of the transfers. New arrival in officialized date Monday: that of Craig Gower. The old star of Rugby to XIII Australian (29 years, 1,74m, 90kg) engaged for two years to start again a career in loss speed.

http://translate.google.com/transla...pour-Gower.shtml&langpair=fr|en&hl=en&ie=UTF8

Google translator works like a charm :cool:

kooriguy

Juniors
cant say im sad.. more glad then anything.. we need youth and enthusiasm at the reigns of the club, have a lot of promising youngsters with speed to burn, richie williams was a good buy and now i heard a rumour of joey williams.

kooriguy said:
cant say im sad.. more glad then anything.. we need youth and enthusiasm at the reigns of the club, have a lot of promising youngsters with speed to burn, richie williams was a good buy and now i heard a rumour of joey williams.

I hope your wrong.

we already have quite a few Mediocre options in Firman , Blair , Williams i doubt williams can offer anything different.

Big Mick

Referee
Don't want Joe Williams...sure I rate the kid...but we've already got a couple of turnstyles.

We've signed McCrone for a reason...and thats for him to add to our options.

I'd expect to see maybe Wade Graham fast-tracked to grade to play five-eight or half.

The kid has it all...and showed it for NSW under 17's in the curtain raiser.

He's quite big also...so an off-season in the gym and he'll be physically ready for first grade. Just a matter of whether Elliot see's that in him.

mxlegend99

Referee
I can't wait for Wade Graham to get a chance at first grade. Although i'm not sure it will be till mid next season, if it's next year at all. He's still VERY young, and probably behind a few older players. He and Jarrod Sammut would make an incredible halves pairing for years to come though :)

Stagger eel

Staff member
just wondering if those who bagged Danny Weidler are now likely to backtrack and apologise to the bloke.

I for one accused him of lying on this occasion and would be more than happy to publicaly apologise, anyone else?

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Fast-track Wade Graham into either half or 5/8, the kid is big and definately good enough to handle 1st grade. Give him a taste of PL this year.

eelavation said:
just wondering if those who bagged Danny Weidler are now likely to backtrack and apologise to the bloke.

I for one accused him of lying on this occasion and would be more than happy to publicaly apologise, anyone else?

one of weideler's claims though was that gower wanted an immediate release so he could play in the Rugby union world cup.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
mxlegend99 said:
I can't wait for Wade Graham to get a chance at first grade. Although i'm not sure it will be till mid next season, if it's next year at all. He's still VERY young, and probably behind a few older players. He and Jarrod Sammut would make an incredible halves pairing for years to come though :)

I dont think Penrith will retain Sammut for the 2009 season. Last year about 10 clubs were chasing him, for 2009 i think he will end up at Souths to play fullback.

Thomas

First Grade
herbert henry1908 said:
one of weideler's claims though was that gower wanted an immediate release so he could play in the Rugby union world cup.

Who for?

Italy?

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
It's a sad day for the media, one of their easiest sources of a news headline is about to depart. Good for the rest of us because now we won't have to hear about it.

Perhaps now Matt Eliiot will open up this so called salary cap "War Chest" that we heard all about, but haven't seen any evidence of. Considering it's Elliot, I seriously doubt it.

Latest posts