What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Graceful try scorers

firechild

First Grade
Steve Beaver Menzies almost casually gliding towards the try line always gives me goosebumps.

The fact that no merkin ever suspected Lyons was going to pass to Beaver made it looks way too easy. After the 50th time, you'd think someone might clue in to the fact the short ball was probably on.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
GI has officially perfected the art of scoring a Rugby League try with the famous swan dive into the Goana Crawl.

This has got me thinking, who are Rugby League's all time great try scorers? Not the blokes with 120+ tries but the guys who just look damn good scoring them, perfect dives into celebrations, as if they were born cross the stripe.

GI is undisputed number one, blokes like Brent Tate looked terrible scoring, you get the idea.

So who else?!

Totally disagree that Inglis looks good, it just looks awkward when he does the goanna thing and I cringe when I see it.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Was there ever a first grade player of note never to score a try? Was thinking Pat Jarvis but really wasn't a player of note....just some slow cumbersome piece of nothingness.

grouch

First Grade
Totally disagree that Inglis looks good, it just looks awkward when he does the goanna thing and I cringe when I see it.
Crazy. The goanna is awesome. It's a completely unique try celebration, not derivative of crap you see in soccer or gridiron. But it's also a tribute to his indigenous heritage, like an ancient corroboree dance move. It's visceral. Love it

carcharias

Immortal
Crazy. The goanna is awesome. It's a completely unique try celebration, not derivative of crap you see in soccer or gridiron. But it's also a tribute to his indigenous heritage, like an ancient corroboree dance move. It's visceral. Love it

hell yeah
It is unreal.

no seppo bullshit.

JJ

Immortal
Was there ever a first grade player of note never to score a try? Was thinking Pat Jarvis but really wasn't a player of note....just some slow cumbersome piece of nothingness.

Bit harsh on Pat Jarvis there fella!

My vote is Eric Grothe (I trust I do not need to say Senior)... pure awesomeness

Stagger Lee

Bench
Brett Morris - in the later years

The trampoline practice has paid of big time. No big man belly diving into the pool of the try zone but more like a graceful gymnast perfecting his Olympic routine.

Latest posts