What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

grand final entertainment

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The NRL announced Grand Final week plans but there is nothing yet about entertainment on the day itself. I'm sure it will appear soon and someone will be quick to post it.

gUt

Coach
Gosh I really hope it's that Natalie Whatshername's band that she used to be in that had those songs that went "Baby baby baby...." and that other great one that went "Again again again again again..."

dimitri

First Grade
for a bit of a laugh - they could do a send up of all the entertainment from the last 30 years.

someone blow up a tv

someone dress up like billy idol and yell out "i love my footy"

someone dress up as tina turner

wed all be laughing so much

Godz Illa

Coach
The AFL are lagging then. We used INXS years ago I'm pretty sure. Last year they also had Farnesy, who we used in 1991 or something.

Ulysseus

Bench
for a bit of a laugh - they could do a send up of all the entertainment from the last 30 years.

someone blow up a tv

someone dress up like billy idol and yell out "i love my footy"

someone dress up as tina turner

wed all be laughing so much

This isn't actually that bad an idea!
Hell, its better than them legitimately f**king it up (like they did with the Optus TV, Billy Idol, Tina Turners flat performance, Marcia Hines singing something that would have better suited the mardi gras and............ well we don't have enough time to list all the GF f**k ups here).

At least it would show that league isn't afraid to poke fun at itself, can we get a hovercraft for "billy" and have all the lights go out just after he says "I love my footy!" and runs over a giant novelty power cable?

Canard

Immortal
Inxs without Hutchence is like Nirvana without Kurt(with much respect to Dave Grohl) or the E Street Band without Bruce Springsteen.

Basically a backing band with some X Factor reject as there lead singer.

gUt

Coach
They asked Mike Patton to take over and by way of refusal he sent them a noose.

Timmah

Staff member
I get the feeling we'll have Barnsey, he's hot on the promotional trail for his new album at the moment.

Timmah

Staff member
Crowded House and Powderfinger are both touring but I don't think we'll see them at the GF...

John Farnham is in Sydney for the Luna Park birthday celebrations on the Monday night... you never know?