What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

grand final entertainment

dimitri

First Grade
This isn't actually that bad an idea!
Hell, its better than them legitimately f**king it up (like they did with the Optus TV, Billy Idol, Tina Turners flat performance, Marcia Hines singing something that would have better suited the mardi gras and............ well we don't have enough time to list all the GF f**k ups here).

At least it would show that league isn't afraid to poke fun at itself, can we get a hovercraft for "billy" and have all the lights go out just after he says "I love my footy!" and runs over a giant novelty power cable?

Thats what I reckon!

Would be awesome - to look back over the years at all the GF entertainment ups and downs.

I reckon the people in the crowd and the people at home would get right into it!

Its also very Australian to be able to have a laugh at yourself

Slackboy72

Coach
They should have Roy and HGs idea of a junior pig hunting competition for the kids with Jamie Lyon and the Cleal Brothers.

beave

Coach
I've got it on good authority that Metallica will be announced as the entertainment for the GF...................................................... hahaha, I can't back that up....... I can't even type it without laughing to myself, as if the NRL could get a decent band to actually entertain a crowd. It will be Barnsey or Farnsey of whatever else has been, never were or shouldn't have been that will get the nod.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
I thought the entertainment was first class last year, Wolfmother were stunning.

But what really took my breath away was the Blackhawk chopper dropping the game ball within the stadium itself. That was impressive, we were basically eye level with this massive machine hovering.

beave

Coach
I thought the entertainment was first class last year, Wolfmother were stunning.

But what really took my breath away was the Blackhawk chopper dropping the game ball within the stadium itself. That was impressive, we were basically eye level with this massive machine hovering.

yeah Blackhawks are impressive, I work across the runway from them up here and they still make me stop what I am doing and gawk at them.

Wolfmother I reckon are pants, but each to their own I guess, I reckon his voice is god dam grating.

bartman

Immortal
I thought Wolfmother were ordinary, and I wasn't too excited by the chopper at the ground. Yawn...

Doug2234

First Grade
Inxs without Hutchence is like Nirvana without Kurt(with much respect to Dave Grohl) or the E Street Band without Bruce Springsteen.

Basically a backing band with some X Factor reject as there lead singer.

This. f**king love INXS but without Mick they arent INXS..

beave

Coach
I thought Wolfmother were ordinary, and I wasn't too excited by the chopper at the ground. Yawn...

you have to admit though, it's pretty impressive watching it come into the stadium, hover and then land on a dime.......... f**k me, half the time I can't even piss straight into the toilet bowl let alone do something like that, mind you I blame Rum for that.

Last edited:

LazyDreamer

Bench
This. f**king love INXS but without Mick they arent INXS..

Yup. Too many bands think they can do an Accadacca (Scott > Johnson) or Van Halen (Roth > Hagar) when their frontman croaks or shags a bandmate's missus.

Unfortunately, they end up more like Hi 5 trying to carry on without Charli.

And to think she'll never again pretend she's milking a cow while singing "squeeze and pull". :cry:

gUt

Coach
Okaaay, is this for real or not? Sounds like a joke, but sounds slightly Pattonesque too.

I'm not making it up but whether it's true or apocryphal is not clear. Apparently Patton himself has told the story.

Wolfmother are awful and should be banished from the country forever.

The NRL should just book the Kang of Country Western troubadours, Unknown Hinson. League fans and wuhmerns likes that.