What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

grand final entertainment

LazyDreamer

Bench
I'm not making it up but whether it's true or apocryphal is not clear. Apparently Patton himself has told the story.

Wolfmother are awful and should be banished from the country forever.

The NRL should just book the Kang of Country Western troubadours, Unknown Hinson. League fans and wuhmerns likes that.

So whether Mr Patton was fair dinkum or just being his schidt-stirring self, we may never know!

Personally, I'd like to see the Bloodhound Gang booked - "You're Pretty When I'm Drunk (And I'm Pretty Farkin' Drunk)" would go down a treat! :alcho:

Desert Qlder

First Grade
I thought Wolfmother were ordinary, and I wasn't too excited by the chopper at the ground. Yawn...

Fair enough. But who really cares anyhow when you can take your transistor radio and listen to ABC Grandstand. That's my idea of a good time.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Metallica would be awesome.

Broken, Beaten and Scarred, Creeping Death, Fight Fire With Fire, Battery, pre match

For Whom The Bell Tolls, Master Of Puppets - halftime

Enter Sandman, Fuel, My Apocalypse, Stone Cold Crazy - post match/awards

come on NRL, make it f**king happen!

Mader45

Juniors
If the NRL wants to save a wad of cash and get someone for free they could get the brilliant Eric Grothe to do 20 minutes of hysterical, well written comedic raps about rugby league players with Fui dancing around him in drag and big screen footage of other players singing along thru his witty choruses.

:roll:

Ulysseus

Bench
they should get Def Leppard out to sing Rocket and Europe to sing the final countdown :)

hahahahaha

This I like!
Although I do think "Rocket" at well over 6 minutes is going to be very hard to re-produce "live".

I'd like to see them do "pour some sugar on me" and "billys got a gun", which don't really fit a football match, on the plus side it would make me easier to find for family on TV, I'll be the lone person who doesn't look bemused wearing the Union jack singlet swinging a def leppard flag shouting out "f**k yes, f**k yes!, now do Photograph!, then Rock of ages, then die hard the hunter, then love bits, then do a I wanna touch you - bringing on the heartbreak - promises medley!".................... then security would probably eject me for not wearing any pants.

If Def Leppard were performing the football game would be the last thing I'd give a sh*t about.

PJ Marshal

Coach
lets get rocked would be a good choice then get the one handed drummer to have a go at the catch the bomb competition

Perth Red

Post Whore
who was the marketing manager back in them days, that is frickin awsome promotion! 20 years on and we are sh1thouse compared to back then.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
so long as it's not fat chicks dancing to wolfmother again..

alien

Referee
Metallica are touring Australia around that time too right? :lol:

im seeing them at acer arena on saturday night. it would be awesome if they played at the grandfinal (which i already have a ticket for) :cool: