What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GRAND FINAL: Parramatta v Penrith GAME DAY THREAD at Accor 2/10/22

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
To treat that game as a normal game is criminal. How the hell did the head coach come up with that thinking? I always said that he issues motivating his team for the big games. Have been saying it for the last few years. It was there to see in all its glory on Sunday. “Normal Game” he said. It’s just baffling. Just absolutely hopeless tactics and coaching. Hopeless.
Was it not a big game the week before when we won in Townsville?

yy_cheng

Coach
Nine news said last night Gutho played with a broken hand for the whole finals series.

Needed surgery but put it off until after the finals.

Moses missed footy for a broken finger come back early.

Junior didn't get a break post origin.

Dylan had back spasms ahead of the cowboys game.

RCG had ice on his hamstring last week at training.

I suspect we were most busted then what was made out and Penrith were just fresh as a daisy getting 2 weeks off in the space of 5 weeks.

Not an excuse btw just reality.
This is why I hate BA's use of the bench and sharing of the workload around.

IFR33K

Coach
Which makes the coaches obsession to use 15/6 players down the home stretch all the more ridiculous.

Haven’t agreed with much you’ve said post gf, but if true would of at least made more sense to play Bryce and not ja.

Gronk

Staff member

Looks like the intruder was Mark Mclinden.

Used to play for canberra
Wow played 165 games for the Faders.

1664854887703.png

1664854815908.png

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Haven’t agreed with much you’ve said post gf, but if true would of at least made more sense to play Bryce and not ja.
Chasing points with 30 to go Bryce might of been a decent option on GF day, instead we waited to the 75th min to give the coaches little tacker a run. Wasn’t it just a lovely moment for the club 🥰

King-Gutho94

Coach

View attachment 67035

View attachment 67034
Don't think he will be invited back to any Canberra former player functions anytime soon

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Eelementary

Post Whore
Interesting view. So no other player in that side improved?

Grothe,Burt,Inu,Cayless,MoiMoi,Hindmarsh, Mateo. Those 7 guys where excellent rugby league n players. All make this year's top 17.

Hayne was out of this world but so was MoiMoi. Kingston and Mateo would come on and wreak havoc.
Our defense become rock solid. Was Hayne the defense?

Honestly it was brilliant coaching. They began to punch hard, defend hard and offload

Grothe would walk into our 17.

Burt, I'm not sure about - he's quick, but small, and would not ruck the ball well.

Inu would have taken the centre spot, easily.

Cayless, and Moimoi, would have been handy off the bench.

Hindmarsh might have taken Papali'i's spot.

Mateo is just a Cartwright clone - he wouldn't have made our best 17, imo.

yy_cheng

Coach
Chasing points with 30 to go Bryce might of been a decent option on GF day, instead we waited to the 75th min to give the coaches little tacker a run. Wasn’t it just a lovely moment for the club 🥰
But what if dyl or moses or rheed or guth went down during the game. Dyl had back probs, moses broken finger and head knocks, guth broken hand

Gronk

Staff member

View attachment 67035

View attachment 67034

Latest posts