What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GRAND FINAL: Parramatta v Penrith GAME DAY THREAD at Accor 2/10/22

84 Baby

Referee
Matto looks like a tight arse.

Would rather miss 3 weeks then a $4k fine.

Thoughts on this is he letting the team down by missing 3 weeks instead of just paying the fine.

Surely he can defer the ban to 2024. Not fair for the fans

Noise

Coach
Matto looks like a tight arse.

Would rather miss 3 weeks then a $4k fine.

Thoughts on this is he letting the team down by missing 3 weeks instead of just paying the fine.

What a tight merkin. Where’s the team first mentality?

King-Gutho94

Coach
What a tight merkin. Where’s the team first mentality?
If it was 1 or 2 match ban at most I could accept.

But 3 matches is a big ban to sit out.

Especially when the option to pay the fine was available.

Like 4k in a 650k per year contract isn't a lot I would of thought.

Surely the club could have paid the fine if it was an issue. Surely it's better having Matto on the park then not.

They made a motza off merchandise last week.

I dont agree with it.

3 games is 1/8 of the season.

The bloke got an upgraded contract worth around 650k per season.

But happy to sit out 3 games when he could have paid the fine.
Well to be honest i would have fought the charge, edwards backed into him and kept pushing with his legs. That is what caused the tackle to become a crusher. It was near impossiable for matterson not to end up with his weight on the back of edwards head.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Where did BA finish in 2014, 2015,2016, 2018? 4 crap years. Even if we made finals in 2016 we where making up numbers.
We’re comparing the two teams (‘09 and ‘22). The 2022 team is better because it won more games this year and last. I dare say it will win more next year as well.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Lol there he is folks. The super fan who can’t wait to throw the team under the bus to prove a point on the internet. And f**k of we beat those merkins fair and square that night.
What’s more likely, they didn’t care about a couple of competition games or we didn’t care about a couple of finals matches?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
By the 3rd set our kick chase was non existent, our line speed was also poor from about them onwards. Once we let that first try you could see some heads drop. I seriously doubt they believed they could beat the riff merkins.
So they turned up ready to play then decided to stop doing what was working? Arthur’s must have put the word out to slow down ffs. What a f**ken dope! We would’ve won with a different coach!!!

hindy111

Post Whore
Grothe would walk into our 17.

Burt, I'm not sure about - he's quick, but small, and would not ruck the ball well.

Inu would have taken the centre spot, easily.

Cayless, and Moimoi, would have been handy off the bench.

Hindmarsh might have taken Papali'i's spot.

Mateo is just a Cartwright clone - he wouldn't have made our best 17, imo.

Mateo in 2009 was a weapon.

If I was to chose the 2009 side or the 2022 side to take on Penrith I know which one I would of chosen. That 2009 side was special and would of wiped the floor with our current side

So they turned up ready to play then decided to stop doing what was working? Arthur’s must have put the word out to slow down ffs. What a f**ken dope! We would’ve won with a different coach!!!
Another coach would not have treated it as a normal game. What an absolute rookie error. Just give him another 5 year deal hey.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Did you watch the f**king game??? 5 mins in there was was zero line speed and and our kick chase was non existent. But but but but they exhausted lolz.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
We’re comparing the two teams (‘09 and ‘22). The 2022 team is better because it won more games this year and last. I dare say it will win more next year as well.
2022 was a much weaker comp than 2009, I mean a bog average team like Canberra made it.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Mateo in 2009 was a weapon.

If I was to chose the 2009 side or the 2022 side to take on Penrith I know which one I would of chosen. That 2009 side was special and would of wiped the floor with our current side

Not so sure about that - they only just scraped into 8th, and it took them half the season to start playing well.