What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Final TV ratings slightly down

docbrown

Coach
Live NRL games into Perth and Melbourne will outrate the live AFL in Sydney and Brisbane.

beercoaster

Juniors
that was for the replay

people pick and chose when using AFL ratings

they'll use Syd and Bris figures for the replay but then go and use the first ones figures for overall because it rated higher

it just shows how insular Victorians are and they call themselves the sporting capital

You always rant El D.
I hate it when people always compare to AFL on this board. It comes across as sour grapes.
It's a NRL forum. Forget about other sports ratings, it's an NRL issue and nothing to do with the AFL.

El Diablo

Post Whore
You always rant El D.
I hate it when people always compare to AFL on this board. It comes across as sour grapes.
It's a NRL forum. Forget about other sports ratings, it's an NRL issue and nothing to do with the AFL.

errr i was replying to a post about the AFL GF

i didn't bring it up

Loudstrat

Coach
I agree. The GF used to be the pinnacle of our sport. Not the pinnacle seems to be the GF TV ratings. If we beat AFL, we all win the comp and are premiers.

Melbourne let us down - proving the difficulty in converting a foreign code from a novelty to a staple. Still, look at it another way. 20 years ago would we have got that rating in Melbourne? No.

And another thing - the NRL is already ahead for the year - and AFL had 2 grand finals.

NRLMad

Juniors
Once you add in NZ we get a bout even... I think we shoudl expand to Wellington and Perth.. Forget the CC... That would grow the audeience hugely..

Loudstrat

Coach
Ridiculous to select expansion teams based on possible ratings for the GF on the off chance that the new team makes it!!!

Teddyboy

First Grade
There'd be 3 factors affecting the Melbourne audience:

- the Storm not there for the first time in 5 years;
- compounding this, the salary cap scandal;
- a "hangover", for want of a better word, from the AFL GF replay being on the previous day.

The Brisbane and Sydney audiences won't change much from year to year, no matter who is playing. The only real scope for improvement is the AFL states.

And New Zealand.

IanG

Coach
And that is the Sydneycentric (NSWRL) kind of attitude why our game isn't moving forward as it should...

I'll second that. I'm sick to death of them getting off on the whole idea.
Also the idea of yesterday being an all Sydney grand final. Try telling Woolongong that.

Brutus

Referee
And that is the Sydneycentric (NSWRL) kind of attitude why our game isn't moving forward as it should...

Yep.

Gus kept telling us how great an all-Sydney GF was.

Maybe he can also explain to us how great it is to have the ratings dip 20 percent from last year.

IanG

Coach
How the f**k do they come up with these ratings? How do they know what was on MY TV last night?

Exactly. Funny how the networks live and die by a blunt sword. The ratings system is flawed because it doesnt take into account people watching TV collectively.

Latest posts