What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Final TV Ratings

Bluebags1908

Juniors
I like how when reporting this they've added the NZ ratings onto the Australian ratings this year - but they should do that every year, regardless if the Warriors are in the GF or not... even though the ratings wouldn't be as good if the Warriors weren't in it.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Given that the NZ audience doesn't make any difference to the Australian TV deal or reflect the popularity of the NRL in Australia I don;t know why they added them. We don;t add other countries in, nor does other sports. We'd all be lol'ing at RU if they tried to claim superiority of the code in Australia based on combined viewing figures for their comp across the three countries that participate.

Chook Norris

First Grade
Given that the NZ audience doesn't make any difference to the Australian TV deal or reflect the popularity of the NRL in Australia I don;t know why they added them. We don;t add other countries in, nor does other sports. We'd all be lol'ing at RU if they tried to claim superiority of the code in Australia based on combined viewing figures for their comp across the three countries that participate.

why doesn't the NZ audience add value to the NRL deal?

wain

Juniors
Which reflects the neglect of the city by RL since the Rams were cut. NRL doesn't have a god given right to be popular, like any sport it needs to promote, develop, invest and actually have the game shown into an area before we can expect people to take an interest in it. I haven't heard anyone say Adelaide should be the next team in, I have heard plenty of people say we need to be working over the next decade to get the game into SA and build for the future.

thanks for saying that...
my thoughts exactly, why would people watch it? its seriously a sport that gets no attention in the media. the only stuff that makes the news is the scandals.

even ch 9s news which started straight after the game only showed it at the end of the sports bulletin, after all the afl, a-league, cricket..oh, and that golfer who did the airswing!

Loudstrat

Coach
It's his warped way of saying that C9 and Pox don't pay for showing the game in NZ.

Of course, if you culled NZ and had one less game per week, the TV rights deal would be worth less. But he doesn't see that.

jimmee007

Juniors
thanks El D.

Bringing in the warriors and sticking with them is really starting to pay off. In not only $$$ value, but increased competition at Test level and some really good juniors coming through.

Tommax25

Bench

juro

Bench
You can play with the stats to give whatever angle you want for a story. Why are you surprised with this?

DiggerBlue

Juniors
You can play with the stats to give whatever angle you want for a story. Why are you surprised with this?

It's going to happen forever, people who hold up viewership numbers as the sole measure of success are deluded.

Latest posts