What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Theft Auto IV

Azkatro

First Grade
I read somewhere that the only thing the Aussie/NZ version is missing is a bit of a cutscene where a guy has a gun rammed up his arse and the trigger is pulled.

I take it you done the SIXAXIS tutorial? That is nothing, SIXAXIS is optional, so when you get into the real helicopter stuff you dont need to use it.

thank god!

id have no hope.

i was pretty good with the bike and the boat though. but the chopper i managed to land upside down into the sea.

its a great game BTW. hilarious radio, fantastic graphics, incredibly detailed. 10/10.

Danish

Referee
I almost pulled off an upside down sea landing in the chopper.... but corrected it just in time.

BTW, how are people into choppers during regular game play?? Everytime I enter the airport I get stung with a 6 star alert and fubared intensely.

Blind Freddy

Juniors
BTW, how are people into choppers during regular game play?? Everytime I enter the airport I get stung with a 6 star alert and fubared intensely.

sixaxis tutorial on PS3...

How bloody hard is it to understand Little Jacob (the jamaican guy), i got the subtitles on and still can't understand what he says. :)

Dragon

Coach
I almost pulled off an upside down sea landing in the chopper.... but corrected it just in time.

I use the heli-tour ones. Usually you have to pay 150 for a ride and you cant fly it yourself, but a little 'persuasion' and you can make it yours ;-)

This is on the 2nd island you open up

Danish

Referee
sixaxis tutorial on PS3...

How bloody hard is it to understand Little Jacob (the jamaican guy), i got the subtitles on and still can't understand what he says. :)

Yeah I have done the sixaxis tutorial.... so far the only sixaxis control I am using in the game is for bowling 8)

The jamaican is bloody impossible to understand, however I dont mind because listening to Niko's commentary he clearly cant understand the bastard either :lol:

I use the heli-tour ones. Usually you have to pay 150 for a ride and you cant fly it yourself, but a little 'persuasion' and you can make it yours ;-)

This is on the 2nd island you open up

Second island eh?? Have been playing for only a handful of hours at present, so haven't unlocked anything as yet.

I have committed myself to a GTA only weekend however, so no doubt I'll have almost finished the thing by sunday night (with no sleep of course)

effnic

Bench
Just because of what that raider dude said i got this chick and a shotgun put 10 rounds in her and stood there for a good 10 mins lol............bitch didnt get up.

Dragooner

Bench
I'm so busy I just got it started today. Got to carried away killing innocent people and puching them to death to do the missions. Too busy, waitin for weekend!

DeeGan

Bench
I am a little disappointed that the downloadable extras aren't on the PS3 as yet - I say as yet as I am confident that it eventually will be. Playstation was where it all began, surely Sony will get some love when their online side of things is improved this year (well that's what I am being told???).

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
I am a little disappointed that the downloadable extras aren't on the PS3 as yet - I say as yet as I am confident that it eventually will be. Playstation was where it all began, surely Sony will get some love when their online side of things is improved this year (well that's what I am being told???).

MS paid extravagantly for the exclusive content. The only way PS3 owners will get downloadable content is if Sony strikes a similar deal with Rockstar.

Danish

Referee
MS have paid a very VERY pretty penny for exclusive DLC on this game....

I highly doubt Sony will be given a look in for at least 12 months with the kind of coin MS forked out for it.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Rockstar have confirmed the PS3 will get downloadable content, what they haven't confirmed is whether it will be the same as the 360's (but obviously later), whether it will be additional stuff for both platforms or whether it's exclusive to PS3.

MS paid $50 million, which is alot of money but it's only pocket change when you're talking Microsoft and GTA, so in all likelihood the agreement is for a certain period (say, 6 - 8 months) where this content will be exclusive to 360 before turning up on PS3. Rockstar and MS both refuse to comment on the agreement's terms, and surely if MS owned the rights completely they would admit it, they aren't shy of putting the boot in for promotion.

In any case, if you've played GTA to the point where you need new content because you've done everything, it's probably a good time to have a long break from games.

DeeGan

Bench
Rockstar have confirmed the PS3 will get downloadable content, what they haven't confirmed is whether it will be the same as the 360's (but obviously later), whether it will be additional stuff for both platforms or whether it's exclusive to PS3.

MS paid $50 million, which is alot of money but it's only pocket change when you're talking Microsoft and GTA, so in all likelihood the agreement is for a certain period (say, 6 - 8 months) where this content will be exclusive to 360 before turning up on PS3. Rockstar and MS both refuse to comment on the agreement's terms, and surely if MS owned the rights completely they would admit it, they aren't shy of putting the boot in for promotion.

In any case, if you've played GTA to the point where you need new content because you've done everything, it's probably a good time to have a long break from games.

A wealth of knowledge when it comes to gaming Jay - that's for sure. Much appreciated too for the ol' Leisure Suite Larry Commodore 64 hero from way back here :D

I won't get anywhere near completing the game IMO - nah - scrub that - I will, though it will be a long time coming. I just won't have the time and NCAA 2009 is out soon (the most anticipated title of the year for me!).

I do agree, the content MS shelled out for will eventually be available. MS have paid would you say an "exclusive" here?

effnic

Bench
Do you know how many times i have had to pick up my cousin from hospital lol, i gotta stop doing missions with him on bikes, it never ends pretty.

MC DUI

Juniors
i hope it comes out on psp

Not going to happen, they built this GTA using a brand new engine that is designed to work with the newer generation consoles, the PSP is way too underpowered to run anything close to the new engine.

There may be another GTA Stories game on the PSP but it's far more likely to be San Andreas.

Latest posts