What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Theft Auto IV

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
guys having played the Australian version...the only thing cut down is...and its massive..

PEOPLE DONT DIE!!

they hit the ground and there items fall..then 30seconds later..they get up and walk away limping then they just vanish..

its kinda annoying since it feels like all you do is KO people.

Danish

Referee
guys having played the Australian version...the only thing cut down is...and its massive..

PEOPLE DONT DIE!!

they hit the ground and there items fall..then 30seconds later..they get up and walk away limping then they just vanish..

its kinda annoying since it feels like all you do is KO people.

You ARE kidding right??

Jono078

Referee
WTF raiders?

Serious?

That sounds uber gay..

EDIT: How do you know it doesnt do it in American version or whatever?

effnic

Bench
Im heading down to eb soon i wonder if i can still get one even though i didnt pre oreder one.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
yeah im serious...its heaps gay..but lucky the gameplay is as good as it is...

im getting the uncut version tomorrow morning, ill see if its different then.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
If you bash them up with fists they don't die, guns still kill and so do cars, explosions etc. but I bashed the sh*t out of some guy (who was protecting a lady; in fairness, she flipped me off) and he dropped his cash so I thought he was dead but Niko said something like "be grateful I don't finish you off" and he got up and ran away.

I could be wrong though, maybe I just needed to stomp him while he was down or something. I doubt this was what was cut, surely IGN would have noticed this. I have already seen a pretty impressive blood splatter, so if that got through I doubt killing pedestrians would matter.

I couldn't get a hooker into my car, she just stood their flaunting passers by but didn't even look in my direction when I honked the horn. That's the only unusual thing I've seen so far.

But don't let any of this crap put you off; this game is f**king AMAZING. It's so realistic, the way the NPCs interact with you and eachother. Some guy assaulted me, and the cops saw him and pulled their guns on him, he did a runner and they started shooting, as soon as the bullets released all the pedestrians started screaming and running, people in cars jumped out and ran for their lives and some sped off.

The physics are ridiculously good, you can't just run out in front of cars now because the cars react realistically and can't stop that suddenly, so they'll hit you and depending on speed, angle etc. Niko reacts differently to every hit.

You can watch television, and the shows are hilarious. They air ads, I won't spoil them because they are funny but I will say the political ads for the upcoming election in Liberty were a highlight for me.

The phone is a brilliant feature, takes a bit of getting used to but it's definitely a huge positive and a reflection on life in the modern times.

There are HEAPS of Radio stations, too many to really have an opinion on after a few hours. I did hear a Queen song (One Vision) which was a highlight so far, but I've just been in awe of the whole game that it's been hard to even hear the radio.

It's just so detailed, I honestly can't find fault with it. From catching a taxi, a sub mission that was caused by me not taking a phone call seriously enough, the way all mission failures are put into the story instead of just "Mission Failed" like in previous games, the excellent cover system, the moral choices that can affect the outcome (I could go on all day).

Perfect game. Oh and the lockbox in the special edition is a pretty good one, very solid metal, pussy little keys but they do the job. A good crowbar could probably get it open but it's pretty solid for the price.

[furrycat]

Coach
You're an idiot Canberra, of course people f**king die... I just did it then.

And yes you're just pulling an uncut version out of your arse today in Australia. You're so wrong its not funny and now I even doubt if you have the game if you think peopel dont die

Danish

Referee
Picked up my copy at the gamesmen at midnight last night and played until 4am this morning.....

UNBELIEVABLE.

I only got to play a few missions and go on a date (which actually effected the missions btw), but jesus it is good.

The only problem I am having at the moment is with the driving. I have been Saints Row for the past 2 weeks to get me in the mood for this game so I am probably just stuck on their unrealistic easy driving controls.

Cant wait to get home and play some more

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
I only got to play a few missions and go on a date (which actually effected the missions btw), but jesus it is good.

:lol: I know exactly what you're talking about, at first I thought "... surely this is scripted" but it's just an amazing touch to a brilliant game.

Oh and people definitely die, I bashed the crap out of some bloke after that post and he was down and still moving, turns out it was just rag-doll physics at work because I was standing on him. Anyway, for good measure, I put a bullet in his head; blood went everywhere, the shop assistant ran for her life and the ambulance turned up.

Pretty sure he was dead :lol:.

Danish

Referee
Just grabbed my copy from Kmart for $78.

The $78 is a price match from the BigW website, just a heads up for those that are keen to buy the local version. Don't pay the $120 that I'm sure EB and GAME are charging.

Link to $78 price - http://www.bigw.com.au/entertainment/gta4.html

hmmmm......

EB are currently offering $110 trade in for any copy of GTA4. Thats a $32 profit per game traded in.

Perhaps I shall take a visit to Kmart and empty the shelves

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
[furrycat];4173680 said:
You're an idiot Canberra, of course people f**king die... I just did it then.

And yes you're just pulling an uncut version out of your arse today in Australia. You're so wrong its not funny and now I even doubt if you have the game if you think peopel dont die

lol i had the australian version for nearly a week!

go try and kill the cops..they lay there...then get up and walk away..

They dont die..

Heck one mission, your working for this unknown guy who tells you to go to a russian dudes house and get him..you go there he isnt there, you check his laptop and it says his at the chemist or some crap..you go there and have a car chase, he dies cause of my awesome driveby shooting..then 20seconds later he drives off!

They dont die, ill bloody take footage of it if you want.

They hit the ground, you can beat the crap out of em then they walk away.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
I reckon you have a dud version then mate, why would Rockstar take death out when the violence features copious amounts of blood. Seriously, some of the blood splatter in this game is beyond any game I've seen, made me sit back and think "bloody hell, if this got in then what the f**k did they take out?!"

I actually have a fair idea what might have been censored. I saw a screenshot of Niko using a hooker, you could see her riding on his lap but no nudity. Anyway, I finally got a hooker into my car in the game and all I got was a zoomed in licence plate, alot of noise and some car wobbling. Certainly fits something minor Rockstar would change to appease our ridiculous laws.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Actually I am definitely sure that's what was censored, this is a video of the American version (no nudity, at worst it's insinuation and bikini strippers), now go and pick up a hooker in the Aussie version; just a shaky car and alot of noise, nothing alike.

[furrycat]

Coach
lol i had the australian version for nearly a week!

go try and kill the cops..they lay there...then get up and walk away..

They dont die..

Heck one mission, your working for this unknown guy who tells you to go to a russian dudes house and get him..you go there he isnt there, you check his laptop and it says his at the chemist or some crap..you go there and have a car chase, he dies cause of my awesome driveby shooting..then 20seconds later he drives off!

They dont die, ill bloody take footage of it if you want.

They hit the ground, you can beat the crap out of em then they walk away.

... Dude I just shot a cop, stood over him for a good minute and he doesnt move...

You seem to be the ONLY one on ANY forum whinging about it... so you're either blind, wrong, stupid, lying, or all of the above.

Dragon

Coach
I read dis-memberment isn't in the aussie version. So no popping off heads with the sniper rifle.

Death is certainly in the game. I put a bullet through a chopper pilots head only to see the windscreen end up covered in blood and the guy go limp. What can i say, i wanted to see liberty from the air and he was gonna make me pay $150 for a tour, cheeky bastard.

Latest posts