What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Theft Auto IV

MC DUI

Juniors
ParraDude_Jay said:
Official release date has been announced; April 29th.

Don't think I can wait that long :(.

As long as they spend/spent the extra time making sure the game is fully developed I'm fine with the delay.

The old GTA's were great games but they had a tonne of areas where they needed improving. I don't know if many of you guys have played it but Saint's Row on 360 did a whole bunch of gameplay aspects really well and I hope the GTA developers took notice of their initiatives and tried to improve upon them.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Didn't like Saint's Row personally, they didn't even try to hide that they were ripping off GTA: SA and it seemed very watered down to avoid controversy.

But GTA4 is much improved. The devs have compared the leap from GTA:SA to GTA4, to the leap from GTA2 to GTA3. The feature set is huge and all the changes seem to make it more realistic if anything (no more gun stores for one, need to make and maintain contacts for guns and favours, need to hotwire cars to steal them etc.). It's going to be amazing.

DeeGan

Bench
Hey guys, I just booked in my pre-order of the game for $149.95 ... this looks amazing.

Jono078

Referee
Jb hi-fi had that $150 special edition listed at $100 on their website.

I went down to EB when returning a game, they asked if id like to pre-order anything with that, I said, yeh, JB have GTA IV special edition for $100, can you match that? They said no because it's the website price.

Anyway got back home, had a look at the site again... JB changed it back to $150 :(

Should have went JB that day to pre-order it.

DeeGan

Bench
Tonearm Terrorwrist said:
whats all the sh*t you get with GTA when you pre order it? my mate told me but i was too drunk
Go to EB Games website and you will see the listing. It's all at the touch of your finger tips ;-)

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
It won't be edited if you buy it within the first few weeks. The usual cycle for GTA goes like this:

> Proper approval without incident
> Release
> Parent outrage at son murdering prostitute in video game
> Re-review by ratings authorities
> Full banning
> Removal of content by Rockstar
> Re-release of watered down version

So if you buy it before the 5th part of that cycle then you're all good. And for the record it's already been approved by the Australian classification board with an MA15+ rating so we're sweet to go.

Eelementary

Post Whore
ParraDude_Jay said:
It won't be edited if you buy it within the first few weeks. The usual cycle for GTA goes like this:

> Proper approval without incident
> Release
> Parent outrage at son murdering prostitute in video game
> Re-review by ratings authorities
> Full banning
> Removal of content by Rockstar
> Re-release of watered down version

So if you buy it before the 5th part of that cycle then you're all good. And for the record it's already been approved by the Australian classification board with an MA15+ rating so we're sweet to go.

Cool. Otherwise I'd just order it from New Zealand, I guess.

Mind you, I have to buy a PS3 first, but it's in my plans lol.

preordered mine today

i asked the bloke at the gamesmen he said it isn't censored at all and when i suggested what ParraDude_Jay said he agreed and said "whenever there's a GTA game come out make sure you get it early"

so anyone wanting GTA 4 - preorder it, get the goodies and get the uncut version because it won't take long for parents to whinge

Eelementary

Post Whore
Sounds good. I was going to wait until tax time so I could use my tax return to get a PS3 and GTA IV...But screw it.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Just pre-ordered my copy. Now all I have to do is get a PS3 :lol:.

I wanted to get one online cos I'm too lazy to go out and buy one, but they won't deliver it. Ah, well. I may even wait until my copy arrives before buying the hardware. Nice.

MC DUI

Juniors
How much are you pre-order guys paying, I'm guessing around $120...

No offence but screw that, there will be tonnes of copies around when the game comes out and I'll get it for $80 from JB Hifi.

I never pre-order games anymore, bugger paying over $100 for a game these days.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
MC DUI said:
How much are you pre-order guys paying, I'm guessing around $120...

No offence but screw that, there will be tonnes of copies around when the game comes out and I'll get it for $80 from JB Hifi.

I never pre-order games anymore, bugger paying over $100 for a game these days.

$150 for the special edition. Usually I'd agree that it's overpriced but GTA is worth every penny.

Jono078

Referee
If anyone wants to get the special edition cheap and online...

www.dvdcrave.com.au currently have the special edition for $131 AND atm they have this 10% off any purchase so you can get it for about $120. The 10% thing only lasts til the 25th of Feb.

Im wih MC though, i'll probably just wait and once I hear it's available i'll get her.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Mate, I'm getting the special edition shipped to my door from New Zealand for AUS $151, including shipping. I'm happy as can be.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Tonearm Terrorwrist said:
so you paid $1 extra to get it shipped in from overseas? doesn't make sense to me

What happened was this:

When GTA III came out, I heard the OFLC was going to censor it, so I got it shipped from NZ where they would leave the game untouched. Same with GTA:SA.

Now, I hear that GTA IV will be un-edited if I pre-order it, but I have been so happy the service at www.gpstore.co.nz that I went back there. Plus this way I get it straight to my door, which is cool (because I work heaps).